Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AQD Rules; how is AQD distributed between segments?

Old Sep 17, 19, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,

Iím having some trouble understanding how AQD is distributed between segments.

I flew the first segment of a round trip flight last month, and the AQD posted is a lot lower than I expected. The first segment was J (it was the only cabin available for a last minute flight) and as such, was much more expensive than the return segment (which is Y and I have yet to take). Shouldnít the AQD for the first segment be a lot higher?

The only reason this is an issue is because Iím pretty close to E75, and if the full value of my first segment is credited, I will hit that status no problem before early recognition ends.

Am I misunderstanding how AQD works?
Old Sep 17, 19, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K, Accor Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
Yes. The total cost of the ticket is prorated based on the distance of each segment.
Old Sep 17, 19, 10:38 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
I always thought it was evenly distributed across the segments: that is, an equal number of CPM.

I know next to nothing though, so letís wait for the lifers to show up and correct me.

Edit: Cow got in before me
Old Sep 17, 19, 10:47 pm
Original Poster

Ah, Iím out of luck then. Thanks for your input!
Old Sep 18, 19, 4:13 am

Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum, Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
OP (and WTME), see this thread for more info: New & improved Calculator for AQM, Aeroplan miles & AQD

And OP, welcome to FT!
Old Sep 18, 19, 5:00 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Thanks Adam Smith

I actually use your calculator frequently (well, for a few months until AQD passes 20k) so not sure why I didnít refer OP to that or fall back on that to be certain of the input I was giving. To be fair, I was more than zero beers in last night.

Search this Thread