Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Do AC partners release more seats closer to my booking date?

Question: Do AC partners release more seats closer to my booking date?

Old Sep 14, 19, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AEROPLAN, ALASKA
Do AC partners release more seats closer to my booking date?

I am looking for 2 J seats to PER from YYC in January and it seems like all the TPAC and TATL routes are in Y. Do AC partners release more seats closer to my booking date? All I am seeing in the new and revamped search engine is AC and LH flights only.

I have tried many options and anything that will work out from the states gets killed by MPM.

Return journey is not that much of a hassle even routing through LHR and AC metal since the YQ gets killed because of the flight originating from Australia.

Is there something I am missing or should I go about booking the mixed itinerary and pray J seats open up on the chosen flights.

SIN or BKK to PER and back are lost cause, so I might just sit on Y in that section

Thank you.
Old Sep 14, 19, 8:39 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
It is possible that more inventory will open up. It is also possible that it won't. If you choose to book a mixed itinerary with some long haul legs in Y, be fully prepared to fly in Y.
24left likes this.
Old Sep 14, 19, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by arvindhraman View Post
I am looking for 2 J seats to PER from YYC in January and it seems like all the TPAC and TATL routes are in Y. Do AC partners release more seats closer to my booking date? All I am seeing in the new and revamped search engine is AC and LH flights only.

I have tried many options and anything that will work out from the states gets killed by MPM.

Return journey is not that much of a hassle even routing through LHR and AC metal since the YQ gets killed because of the flight originating from Australia.

Is there something I am missing or should I go about booking the mixed itinerary and pray J seats open up on the chosen flights.

SIN or BKK to PER and back are lost cause, so I might just sit on Y in that section

Thank you.

You got me curious, so I looked. I picked random mid-week dates in January and searched for only 1 ticket. All 4 options were the Business/Economy combination. I even selected Priority IKK. All results are also Business/Economy combinations and in the top 3 or 4 options showing, of the 4 flights on the route, sometimes it's the AC 17 YVR-TPE that's in Y. Other options show SQ SIN-PER in Y.

BTW, almost every date I looked at from YVR and LAX to PER, still resulted in 1 or more sectors in Y. Funny thing though, I found a F and J combo from LAX, but F on CA and J on SQ.

Others here will be more helpful as I don't do the route, I just did some searches.

This was the only one I saw that was J for these sectors, and for only 1 seat.

P.S. @arvindhraman
You might want to ask the mod to change the title of the thread as it is not so much about partners but a specific route on Aeroplan that you are looking for.
Old Sep 14, 19, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eigenvector View Post
It is possible that more inventory will open up. It is also possible that it won't. If you choose to book a mixed itinerary with some long haul legs in Y, be fully prepared to fly in Y.
That's what I was afraid of. I would rather pIck a different date and book all in J instead of playing Russian roulette with AE.
Old Sep 14, 19, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 24left View Post
You got me curious, so I looked. I picked random mid-week dates in January and searched for only 1 ticket. All 4 options were the Business/Economy combination. I even selected Priority IKK. All results are also Business/Economy combinations and in the top 3 or 4 options showing, of the 4 flights on the route, sometimes it's the AC 17 YVR-TPE that's in Y. Other options show SQ SIN-PER in Y.

BTW, almost every date I looked at from YVR and LAX to PER, still resulted in 1 or more sectors in Y. Funny thing though, I found a F and J combo from LAX, but F on CA and J on SQ.

Others here will be more helpful as I don't do the route, I just did some searches.

This was the only one I saw that was J for these sectors, and for only 1 seat.

P.S. @arvindhraman
You might want to ask the mod to change the title of the thread as it is not so much about partners but a specific route on Aeroplan that you are looking for.
Seems like the mod has changed it for me...

I also noticed they 1 J seat is usually available, but 2 seems impossible.

Search this Thread