Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Long gun carry case

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2019, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Long gun carry case

Can an atv carry case(hard lockable case) be used to transport a rifle on air Canada? Unable to post a pic at this time.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 6:59 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Generally any case specifically designed for transporting firearms will be acceptable. Remember that when transporting a firearm on AC, it must have a trigger lock or cable lock through the action in addition to being in a hard, locked case, even if it's a non-restricted firearm.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
should be good. Most AC employees, as well as Catsa, have no idea. But as mentioned above, trigger lock, hard case lock, ammunition kept separate.

If by chance they make you go to the side to inspect, for the love of God, do not let the CATSA idiot pull the weapon out of the case and wing it around!!! Saw this at YOW. When I carry my restricted handguns, i usually get away without proving anything except for the paperwork.
WannabeSE likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.