Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: New Aeroplan Terms and Conditions require award redemption by 31Mar., 2020?

Question: New Aeroplan Terms and Conditions require award redemption by 31Mar., 2020?

Old Sep 11, 19, 7:19 am
Original Poster

New Aeroplan Terms and Conditions require award redemption by 31Mar., 2020?

With the website redesign yesterday, when logging in to the Aeroplan website, it asked me to accept the Terms and Conditions. Point #22 states:

"Subject to earlier termination or amendment of the Aeroplan Program, you can accumulate Aeroplan Miles until December 31, 2019, and request reward travel until March 31, 2020. Reward travel must be completed by December 14, 2020."

Is this basically saying you can earn up until the end of the year and redeem up until March 31, 2020 and after that the miles are worthless?

I did ask this question in another thread but it has been buried with comments about not being able to log on to the website.
Old Sep 11, 19, 7:26 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Elite/Ambassador. NEXUS, National
I would read that as them guaranteeing status quo in branding, etc, until those dates.... They are apparently still leaving their options open.

AC did not buy with the CC companies money AE just to devalue the miles to nothing. They could have accomplished that by doing nothing for a lot less effort and time.

I'm personally not concerned about the broad stroke value, even if the name and details are different.
Old Sep 11, 19, 9:07 am

Programs: AC SE, Hertz 5*, Avis P+, Acc Plat, HY Exp, HH Gold, BonV Titanium
IIRC this is nothing new. I believe the T&C always had an expiry date approx 1 year in the future, and every year itd be pushed out another year. Basically a CYA clause in case they ever terminate the program. This clause is likely an improvement over the previous time you agreed to T&C, as the date you previously agreed to had likely passed.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Sep 11, 19, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K, Accor Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
And this question comes up every year.
Old Sep 11, 19, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback.
Old Sep 11, 19, 12:23 pm

It's clearly an admission that they know their lack of IT skills puts them at risk; since they have no backup or redundancy, a database crash vaporizes all miles and all accounts in an instant. Remember, this is Air Canada, and IT is hard for them, and this gives them an out. (--

Search this Thread