Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan and Website Update for September 10, 2019

Aeroplan and Website Update for September 10, 2019

Old Sep 11, 2019, 11:39 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
Same here. All seems to be working (can log in to aeroplan.com, ac.com, FP app, AC app) except the app cannot display my Altitude card!
Yup, just tried this too.

App appears to work okay but can't login (again) to get my altitude card. It also doesn't seem to have an SE indication on the home screen but maybe I misremember seeing that in the past.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: AC SE, AMEX Plat, Marriott Gold, NEXUS/GE
I can only log in via safari. Chrome does not work.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Accor Diamond

The Aeroplan app was updated yesterday but the AC app was last updated 2 weeks ago... I don’t think it will work until it’s updated.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I have doubts they're going to update the AC app. That thing needs to be trashed and rewritten.
Indiavictorcharlie likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Still these annoying bugs on the website... like the the entry point into the FP wallet.
Why is the website such a turd's turd?
Old Sep 11, 2019, 5:20 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Well I tried the app and told me I had to update. So I did, nice secure 10 character password but of course, no special characters still.

After resending the email as the first didn’t actually let me activate I got in and it looks like the same rubbish as before. But with a slightly longer password permitted.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 6:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by jc94
Well I tried the app and told me I had to update. So I did, nice secure 10 character password but of course, no special characters still.

After resending the email as the first didn’t actually let me activate I got in and it looks like the same rubbish as before. But with a slightly longer password permitted.
At least you got in. The stooopid website won't even let me in anymore.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 12:03 am
ecc

Programs: Air Canada/Aeroplan E50K, Mariott Gold Elite, Hotels.com Gold, Best Western Diamond Select,
Originally Posted by CanRulez
At least you got in. The stooopid website won't even let me in anymore.
Happened to me - I run various ad/tracker/privacy addons and it broke. Firing up a private window sans extensions/addons worked.l for me and let me in to go through the new onboarding process.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 10:03 am

Tried to log in to Aeroplan website, and it emails me the verification code. However, it only gives me 10 seconds to enter it. Meanwhile, the email didn't arrive within that time, and when I finally retrieve the code to enter, the website just sits there and do nothing.

Does anyone else have any weird interaction with the updated website?
Old Sep 13, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by vn33
Tried to log in to Aeroplan website, and it emails me the verification code. However, it only gives me 10 seconds to enter it. Meanwhile, the email didn't arrive within that time, and when I finally retrieve the code to enter, the website just sits there and do nothing.

Does anyone else have any weird interaction with the updated website?
I'm also getting the 10 second countdown. Sometimes the code works after the countdown, other times I have to have the code resent.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 1:51 pm

Programs: Anything and everything
I can't get in on the website but the app let me in after the whole new security patch update and choosing a new (longer/better) password.

How long is the website going to keep us locked out?
Old Sep 13, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: AC SE100K/*G, Nexus
I phoned the Aeroplan/Air Canada/Altitude helpdesk today and the person who was supposed to help me couldn't do it. He walked me through all the steps twice as I did them and when it pooped out he just said "Huh" a lot.

I've been locked out of all 3 sites for 3 days now, and he said officially they've been told to say it will be fixed today... but unofficially he thinks it will be a few more days. When I asked how many he thought it would be, he said (exact quote) "who knows".

He told me to use the "I forgot my password" feature to start the whole process all over fresh. Interestingly, he told me NOT to use any special characters in my new password. So we went through the steps and it seemed to work fine until I got the verification email. When I clicked its link, I got a popup saying the link was expired (this was seconds after it was sent). That was the first "Huh" from him. I told him it gave me an option to have a second verification email sent, he said "Oh good, click on that." I clicked on it and we waited....and waited...and waited...and no second verification email came. That brought the second "Huh". And an "I'll have to report that to the support team."

Then he made me repeat the whole thing in a different browser. When the results were the same, it brought a third "Huh".

Also interestingly, he seemed to expect me to see different things than what I was really seeing. For example, when I click on the orange Aeroplan "Login" box, it turns white with grey diagonal progress bars moving through it. He thought it shouldn't do that.

Huh.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: Altitude 100K Super Elite; AC Million Miles; Emirates Gold; Bonvoy lifetime Platinum Elite;
Aeroplan / Altitude log-in

Delete

Last edited by Mustang Sally; Sep 15, 2019 at 10:11 am
Old Sep 15, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
There dis a large thread about it and changes that occured Sept 10.

Check your junk folder often the confirmation emails get there.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 4:47 am

clearly this is what we get from "Monopoly" market, and Canada in general - no test, no QA on any IT changes LOL
worldtraveller73 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.