Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan and Website Update for September 10, 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan and Website Update for September 10, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2019, 9:15 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by lcohen999
All good here except the passsword resent was caught as spam

The good news is I can now login to Aeroplan with Firefox and Ublock Origin, which I could not do before
I've noticed they finally put the aeroplan number in one single textbox instead of 3 separate ones, making it easier for passwords managers
Old Sep 10, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by theBeachBoy
I've noticed they finally put the aeroplan number in one single textbox instead of 3 separate ones, making it easier for passwords managers
I was very happy to see that this morning
Old Sep 10, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska
Originally Posted by TechnoTourist
I was very happy to see that this morning
I can no longer paste my password into the Aeroplan site. I think they're running a script on the page that prevents it from happening. Works fine on altitude and AC site.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by cablemonkey
I can no longer paste my password into the Aeroplan site. I think they're running a script on the page that prevents it from happening. Works fine on altitude and AC site.
I noticed that too, LastPass injects it just fine, but C&P does not seem to work. I'm so used to pasting it on Altitude or using the full page Aeroplan login with the single text entry field that it will take some tike to change behaviour.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
I tried to login to Altitude - password was wrong. Logged into AC.com and then was prompted for password change - got my code immediately.

Aeroplan app updated and working fine.

Air Canada app seems unaffected.
i can’t seem to log into AP app. It won’t let me enter all the 10 alphanumeric it wants for a password on website now. Am I going mad? (Log in fine in website !!)
Old Sep 10, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by lallied
i can’t seem to log into AP app. It won’t let me enter all the 10 alphanumeric it wants for a password on website now. Am I going mad? (Log in fine in website !!)
Clear cache and data for the app?
Old Sep 10, 2019, 9:42 am

Clear cache and data for the app?
nope. Aaaargh.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 9:45 am

Aeroplan is doing maintenance again as of 8:44 PST.

The site will be back up at 13:30 HAE / 1:30 PM EDT at which point we’ll be happy to assist you.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 9:46 am

error post
Old Sep 10, 2019, 9:48 am

Mine changed with no trouble at all. When I tried with Mrs. PITUK's account it would let me change the password, but then wouldn't recognize it. I finally had to go to the French site, which seemed to work OK.

Her miles expire in a week or so (my Amazon purchase from last month didn't post) so I tried to Donate or buy something - but I got page not found.

Hopefully I can book my own flights today, but will leave the rest for a couple of days.

Dr. PITUK
Old Sep 10, 2019, 9:52 am

Programs: hahaha
Acting on others saying that you can log in through the updated app, I gave it a try. Now it's asking me to accept terms and conditions I can't access because the main site is under maintenance. What a tease!

Also being teased is that the new login improvements will allow us to "create a new, stronger password"!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure about anyone else, but my super weak password (like all of our weak passwords on this joke of a site) was really giving me paranoia after the string of account compromises and fraudulent bookings that popped up over the last couple of years.

edit: I guess I could blindly tick the check box to agree to the TC's without reading them and access the app to see what's new, but out of principle, I want to read what's changed in the TC!
Old Sep 10, 2019, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by lallied
When I tried to Donate miles, the old box is there that only takes 8(?) numbers, so I can't enter the new password!

Dr. PITUK
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I'm all good, except I can't sign in to the FP app. It just spins and drops be back at the login screen.

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
about........ time!
Old Sep 10, 2019, 10:18 am

I had no problem doing the update or the password change at all. As a matter of fact I did the update on my phone and it carried over to my iPad. Plus the touch log-in works perfectly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.