Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

What can I expect in MLL in Vancouver: Domestic bc to Toronto connecting to ohare

What can I expect in MLL in Vancouver: Domestic bc to Toronto connecting to ohare

Old Sep 7, 19, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak

I understand that there are two MLL in Vancouver. One is for international flights and the other for domestic/trans border flights to the United States. I booked 25k award in business class on AC 126. Connecting to AC 503 in Toronto. Therefore I believe Iím using the domestic lounge. What is available here? The thread on the international lounge says the food is not that great. Are there showered there? Would be great to take one after a day of sight seeing.
Old Sep 7, 19, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, HH Gold, MR Titanium, IHG Spire, Accor Silver, National EE, Hertz PC
There are three MLLs at YVR - Domestic, TB, International. You would be using the Domestic lounge, which is just past domestic security. It is, indeed, not great, with beat up furniture, a basic snack spread (edamame, the worst pitas ever made, dips, some tabbouleh-type salad, soup, cookies), more substantial, but awful hot food at meal times, and a basic bar selection. But yes, it does at least have a shower.
Old Sep 7, 19, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Steve Weagant View Post
I understand that there are two MLL in Vancouver. One is for international flights and the other for domestic/trans border flights to the United States. I booked 25k award in business class on AC 126. Connecting to AC 503 in Toronto. Therefore I believe I’m using the domestic lounge. What is available here? The thread on the international lounge says the food is not that great. Are there showered there? Would be great to take one after a day of sight seeing.

First, there are 3 MLLs in YVR - Domestic, Transborder and International

If you are on AC 126 to YYZ, you only have access to the Domestic lounge

AC lounge food

Also, AC 126 departs around 10:30 pm. After a certain hour, the offerings in the MLL are more snacks, less food - perhaps some soup, tortilla chips, salsa, some veggies, cookies, drinks
Old Sep 8, 19, 8:14 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club
To add to the above, freepour booze... Sodas... There are two showers... A business centre with all-important shredder... Free zoomer magazines...
codfather likes this.
Old Sep 8, 19, 8:55 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
I understand that there are two MLL in Vancouver. One is for international flights and the other for domestic/trans border flights to the United States. I booked 25k award in business class on AC 126. Connecting to AC 503 in Toronto. Therefore I believe Iím using the domestic lounge. What is available here? The thread on the international lounge says the food is not that great. Are there showered there? Would be great to take one after a day of sight seeing.
The food in the YVR Domestic MLL does make the food in the International MLL look great.
Old Sep 8, 19, 9:06 pm

Programs: AC P25K, DL SM, UA MP, Priority Pass, AMEX MR
Food in MLLs is generally sub-par to being with...

As @24left said, it will unfortunately just be snacks on offer at that hour. Usually by that time they are starting to put everything away anyways, but you will only be missing out on some kind of salad, or some salted edamame! Lol
Old Sep 9, 19, 8:36 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by codfather View Post
Food in MLLs is generally sub-par to being with...

As @24left said, it will unfortunately just be snacks on offer at that hour. Usually by that time they are starting to put everything away anyways, but you will only be missing out on some kind of salad, or some salted edamame! Lol
And even the edamame are terrible edamame ...

The food in MLLs is really a joke.
codfather likes this.
Old Sep 10, 19, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by Santander View Post
There are three MLLs at YVR - Domestic, TB, International. You would be using the Domestic lounge, which is just past domestic security. It is, indeed, not great, with beat up furniture, a basic snack spread (edamame, the worst pitas ever made, dips, some tabbouleh-type salad, soup, cookies), more substantial, but awful hot food at meal times, and a basic bar selection. But yes, it does at least have a shower.
I popped in a few months back, and to my surprise they actually made some headway updating the furniture. Might of happened quite a while back, as I hadnít been in for a while.

It makes me slightly less embarrassed to give away a voucher.

Now only if you could time when the Amex booth will be around with something interesting.
Old Sep 10, 19, 2:42 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
On the odd chance that you have a AMEX Platinum card you also have access to the Plaza Premium lounges. Three main lounges domestic, trans boarder, and international. The domestic one is over around the WestJet gates, however there is a small satellite one just before you take the little mini escalator down to the MLL. Some will complain about the MLL, they do have their shortcomings but I find them nicer that many of the United lounges state side.

Search this Thread