Wiki Posts
Search

MLL improvement wishlist

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2019, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
MLL improvement wishlist

We've been wishing about routes and griping about the MLL. So lets wish about the MLL!
Old Sep 6, 2019, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
  • Enforced quiet areas
  • Better, local, beer selection
  • Generally: would prefer local, unique food, over some global standard
  • YYZ: Roof patios. Maybe with 15' high glass wall for FOD mitigation
  • Stairs. Or at least not special, MLL grade elevators that are stupid slow
Old Sep 6, 2019, 8:24 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
Agree with everything you said.

The other thing I would add is size. I remember when I was in SYD and MEL at the Qantas domestic lounges a while back, and when I walked in I was completely floored; there the place was busy, but it was so huge it didn't feel packed. Given my experience with AC there was no comparison. There is no reason that hubs (YYZ and YUL especially) should have to feel so crowded even if they are busy; either right-size the space, reduce access, or open more options to thin the MLL crowd (think YYZ Intl, post Signature Suite, maybe the new Cafe and MLL express will help in YYZ Dom/TB).
Old Sep 6, 2019, 9:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Built-in power outlets in the tables between chairs
Stairs at YYZ
Kicking out 35Ks

If we had those, I could deal with the battered furniture, lack of seating, bad food, and mediocre drink.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
even though it's my first year with continuous access to lounges and first time above E35K, I agree with restricting to *G/E50K+ access

and give (more?) vouchers to P25K and E35K
Old Sep 6, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: AC E75 / Marriott Titanium Elite
Food that covers the full day, not just meal times in that particular city (e.g. arrive in YYC 4pm local (6pm eastern) and no food only snacks available.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by YZF_Elite
Food that covers the full day, not just meal times in that particular city (e.g. arrive in YYC 4pm local (6pm eastern) and no food only snacks available.
+1. Also having some hot snacks throughout the day would be great. Imagine flying YHZ-YYZ-YVR in the morning, how many breakfast would you have in MLL and onboard, before having lunch?
Old Sep 6, 2019, 11:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Spiced rum across the network and stairs are probably my top two
YVRtoYYZ and douglasr like this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: AC S100K, HH Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Spiced rum across the network and stairs are probably my top two
Spiced rum would be a step in the right direction, for sure. However, I would take it a couple steps further and ask for better quality rum in general, starting with some Appletons or some other Caribbean goodness that is a little higher up on the shelf.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 2:18 pm

Programs: AC-E50K, *G, WS-Gold, Nexus, HH-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, Hertz-PC
Self-serve kiosks to scan your BP to allow admittance. Fairly certain several lounges in the EU have this, from memory. Waiting in line just to have an agent scan you in is a poor use of their time and mine. Desk agents should be there if needed, but how necessary is it to have them manually scan everyone’s BP?
Old Sep 6, 2019, 2:36 pm

Programs: AC S100K, HH Silver
Originally Posted by TravellingGypsy
Self-serve kiosks to scan your BP to allow admittance. Fairly certain several lounges in the EU have this, from memory. Waiting in line just to have an agent scan you in is a poor use of their time and mine. Desk agents should be there if needed, but how necessary is it to have them manually scan everyone’s BP?
The SAS lounge in Oslo has a self-serve scanner for entry. And then there was an agent desk nearby inside to help with other requests and in cases where the user couldn't figure out the scanner.

Not sure how this would work with lounge guest passes though.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 3:41 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by douglasr
The SAS lounge in Oslo has a self-serve scanner for entry. And then there was an agent desk nearby inside to help with other requests and in cases where the user couldn't figure out the scanner.

Not sure how this would work with lounge guest passes though.
As does the flagship one in Stockholm, several LH ones have the same, etc. Agreed this would be useful, especially in the busier lounges. Also stairs to all lounges would avoid the “12 people piling out of the elevator at once” effect that causes back up.
douglasr likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 4:09 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE /*A Gold, Emirates Skywards Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Copy paste every single aspect of the entire Turkish Airlines lounge in Istanbul....now that is the ultimate lounge.
The Lev and DNAwizard like this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 4:21 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by YZF_Elite
Exactly, as people are traveling through time zones.

Serve breakfast until lunch starts and lunch until dinner starts, as done in many other lounges. The food-less afternoons are ridiculous.

Ahm, and yes, make the food that is served edible.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Stairs at YYZ that are accessible to passengers, for sure.
TechnoTourist likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.