FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Brussels Airlines (cancelling?) flight to YYZ and launching YUL (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1985880-brussels-airlines-cancelling-flight-yyz-launching-yul.html)

YUL_Around_The_World Sep 4, 2019 8:20 am

Brussels Airlines (cancelling?) flight to YYZ and launching YUL

Brussels Airlines Launching Flights To Montreal

Brussels Airlines Cutting Flights To Toronto

https://onemileatatime.com/brussels-airlines-montreal/

Will this impact Air Canada's daily flight?? (downgauge?) ... Everytime I took this flight it was quite busy in business (maybe except for the summer??) ...

Maybe the traffic from Toronto will be timed with the flight to Brussels ... Hopefully the schedule will be complementary and not leaving at the same time like some YUL-CDG ... AF vs AC ... and the 4 or 5 airlines that do YUL-CDG/ORY ...

Interesting this will be the 4th LH owned airline that is servicing Montreal : Brussels Airlines will use an A330 for the route. The airline is part of the Lufthansa Group, so they join Lufthansa, SWISS, and Austrian, in offering service to Montreal.

** UPDATE ** Just saw the announcement of the new YYZ - BRU !!! So this makes sense now .. Similar to Austrian who moved their YYZ-VIE to YUL-VIE when AC launched YYZ-VIE ...
https://aircanada.mediaroom.com/2019...lgiums-Capital

All good news!!

WestAust Sep 4, 2019 8:29 am

AC is taking over the YYZ-BRU route instead of SN, and it seems the SN flight will be a second YUL-BRU flight

RatherBeInYOW Sep 4, 2019 9:27 am

Originally Posted by WestAust (Post 31489385)
AC is taking over the YYZ-BRU route instead of SN, and it seems the SN flight will be a second YUL-BRU flight

I fly YUL-BRU occasionally and I find it difficult to believe that route is going to sustain two flights over the long term.

That said I'm happy AC is doing YYZ-BRU on a 787 ... I'd rather connect in YYZ and stay on AC metal anyway.

YUL Sep 4, 2019 9:27 am

Since a good bunch (the majority?) of the current AC YUL-BRU passengers were connecting onward to Africa (via Brussels Airlines), I suspect AC is bound to lose some/all of those connecting passengers.

But I'm sure both SN and AC figured that one out and this should result in an overall gain.

Stranger Sep 4, 2019 9:50 am

In any event they cross-codeshare.

YUL_Around_The_World Sep 4, 2019 9:55 am

Originally Posted by WestAust (Post 31489385)

Well a THIRD (??) in the summer with YUL-BRU on Air Transat (?)

YVRtoYYZ Sep 4, 2019 9:59 am

Similar to the YUL-BRU flight, this adds more convenience but I don't think it is enough to lure me away from AC876 via FRA, especially as I usually am in BRU Tues/Wed/Thu.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...419066be09.png

gonebabygone Sep 4, 2019 9:59 am

Anyone have any guesses when these new SN flights between YUL and BRU would be bookable through Aeroplan?

YUL Sep 4, 2019 10:22 am

It seems those BRU flights are part of the AC/LH trans-atlantic joint venture (SN being part of the LH Group).

If so, then they are just right sizing planes, increasing capacity from YUL and optimizing schedule.

wildace Sep 4, 2019 11:30 am

Why? I can't use it as a direct flight back to YYZ on Aeropesos for $45ish anymore (or $90ish r/t).

Someone sue please AC and force the gov't to pass a law that says YQ is prohibited from being charged on flight award redemptions.

Now all my flights will have to use that dysfunctional airport named YUL to avoid paying YQ.

YUL Sep 4, 2019 11:40 am

On the other end, you should earn more aeropesos when flying AC YYZ-BRU. (Versus SN)

rafi2k6 Sep 4, 2019 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by wildace (Post 31490052)

Why? I can't use it as a direct flight back to YYZ on Aeropesos for $45ish anymore (or $90ish r/t).

Someone sue please AC and force the gov't to pass a law that says YQ is prohibited from being charged on flight award redemptions.

Now all my flights will have to use that dysfunctional airport named YUL to avoid paying YQ.

Dysfunctional? LMAO.
You clearly haven't been through YYZ with bags, or even your own arse in the last 5 years.

YUL is a much smoother experience all around.

Dysfunctional.... what a joke.

Stranger Sep 4, 2019 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by rafi2k6 (Post 31490243)

YUL is a much smoother experience all around.

Dysfunctional.... what a joke.

The previous poster seems to be departing from YYZ... Otherwise, as far as connections are concerned, I would agree that YUL is much smoother. Except if on paid business when you get the limo and the Signature lounge at YYZ. Anyway, not bad for us coming from YYC...

tdiddy23 Sep 4, 2019 1:33 pm

I was on paid business flying from BRU to YUL last week, waited ~1hr at customs/immigration in BRU (arriving from Entebe) . Then again ~1 hr at Canada customs connection area. Both certainly felt dysfunctional. I would have just gone through Nexus and back through security but had some Belgian beer in my carry-on for a friend.

I think Skyteam (Air France in particular from my experience) takes better care through immigration/customs and really makes for a better experience

YUL_Around_The_World Sep 4, 2019 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by wildace (Post 31490052)

I understand your frustration on connecting ... as a million miler i fly ALL THE TIME .. I am based at YUL but fly thru YYZ for different reasons all the time .. I prefer approx. 1 MILLION times :rolleyes: to fly NON-STOP to YUL (NRT or PVG or PEK or anywhere else) and pay extra to do it ... but so would anyone else that could fly A -> C instead of A -> B -> C .. but please enlighten me (I'm genuinely curious) since I never TRANSIT thru YUL .. what is the major pain in the ... compared to other airports ... (with facts) .. I know transiting thru YYZ sucks for me but I do it when I have no choices ... lines .. a lot of walking ... super busy crowd .. long lines at lounge ... stuck on tarmac .. delays .. etc ... with luggage sucks to transit thru Nexus .. or going to regular line transborder is long with delays without nexus ... etc ... would like to understand generally i would prefer a smaller airport transit (YUL) vs bigger (YYZ) .. such as MUC is 100x better than FRA for me !!! thanks ;) if the answer is "it's just better not to do the transit but would rather fly non-stop" then I agree 100% with you !! the real comparaison here is would someone that has no choice and for the SAME distance would rather transit thru YYZ or YUL .. equal? or one is 10x worst than the other?? cheers ^