Getting a seat on AC

Old Sep 3, 2019, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: united, delta, british
Getting a seat on AC

I'm United Gold, and if I buy an itinerary from UA that includes a trans-Atlantic leg on AC, when and how can I choose my seat? I need extra legroom in economy which seems to mean only exit rows, yes? I'd have to pay despite Gold status, is what it seems like. OK, fine (not really fine, but that's life), but when can I do that? As soon as I've reserved? I gather that I can choose a non-exit seat for free 24 hours before departure, but not before?
Old Sep 3, 2019, 1:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by bkcarolina
I'm United Gold, and if I buy an itinerary from UA that includes a trans-Atlantic leg on AC, when and how can I choose my seat? I need extra legroom in economy which seems to mean only exit rows, yes? I'd have to pay despite Gold status, is what it seems like. OK, fine (not really fine, but that's life), but when can I do that? As soon as I've reserved? I gather that I can choose a non-exit seat for free 24 hours before departure, but not before?

I also see that the UA forum has this thread.

(cued up to page 15, start of 2019)

How do I get seat assignment on an Air Canada Flight booked with United?

(I've seen others for award tickets that include AC flights)
Old Sep 3, 2019, 1:59 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Originally Posted by bkcarolina
Once you book with UA you should be able to get the AC PNR from the UA website. Use that to select seats on the AC website. Exit row seats and seats with extra room are called "preferred seats" by AC. For these you will pay a fee, but standard seats should be free.

I'm not sure about 24 hours before. I have seen cases where those seats were still paid for when using OLCI and I have seen cases where there were free. I'm not sure what the official policy is there.
24left likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 2:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by dr_torch
Once you book with UA you should be able to get the AC PNR from the UA website. Use that to select seats on the AC website. Exit row seats and seats with extra room are called "preferred seats" by AC. For these you will pay a fee, but standard seats should be free.

I'm not sure about 24 hours before. I have seen cases where those seats were still paid for when using OLCI and I have seen cases where there were free. I'm not sure what the official policy is there.

And AC's pages with info on

Preferred Seats
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...red-seats.html

Advance Seat Selection
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...selection.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.