Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC FAs don't enforce 'carry-on bags must fit under the seat' rules

AC FAs don't enforce 'carry-on bags must fit under the seat' rules

Old Sep 4, 2019, 12:02 am

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by Kudosalert
So what about one of those Jetkid beds? Basically an extension of the seat so my little kid can sleep comfortably in an economy or premium economy seat? Flying longhaul Cathay and already ok it with them. Will be only installed in window seat with us occupying the seats next to it. Have a Hawaii trip lined up as well and will clear it with Hawaiian Air before hand. Not to be used during take off and landing.

Only asking to see if anyone will freak out if they see one. Face it, if the plane goes down. You've got more issues to deal with then stuff bouncing around the cabin.
The issue has been dealt with here; Jetkids Bed Box allowed on AC?
You can call the airline or as per Air Canada's website which you should read, it is still PROHIBITED ; https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...-children.html CX, BA etc can all run their airlines as they wish. Air Canada has its own rules. Be aware or be disappointed.
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 12:48 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by WR Cage
Maybe using the term "only the window seat pax can raise the safety issue" was a little unclear. Let try it again.

Anyone can raise the safety issue regarding the inflatable cube, however only the window seat pax has an actual safety issue. The flight attendant is within their right to tell pax not seated in the window to "mind their own business".
Excuse me????? While the pax at the window has an immediate obstacle impeding access to the Isle, that pax is in no way the only person that has a safety issue. Consider in an emergency, the pax using the device has no floor space to stand on. As you are getting up, she climbs up onto it or the seat and falls on you knocking you down across the isle. She lands on top of you and a few more passengers behind trip over you. You know have a completely blocked isle and many passengers behind you. In an emergency, they will not stop and wait until the isle is clear. They will just climb over. Others may turn back to a further exit pushing and shoving their way against the flow.

Possible, just as is the window passenger tripping over it and falling into the isle too.

Panic situations are chaotic. No, the passenger at the window is not the only one whose safety is affected.

There are many types of emergencies, not all of them are in the air. Aborted take offs, overruns, engine fires, landing gear failures and fires.....

James
YXUhomebase and songsc like this.

Last edited by Flying for Fun; Sep 4, 2019 at 8:10 pm
Old Sep 4, 2019, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer

The failure of the FAs to enforce compliance was a breach of duty. If one is serious about correcting the deviant behavior, send the observation to Transport Canada's Cabin Safety unit, with a copy to Air Canada legal department . I guarantee that there will be immediate corrective action. Don't bother with the customer service people: They most likely won't understand the safety issue.
I would not be so sure about Customer Solutions. My past experience with them has been OK. Sending a brief complaint mentioning the flight number and date, seat number etc. and quoting the regulations might very well lead to some action. However don't expect detailed feedback, at the end of the day enforcement is an internal AC matter.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 5:19 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by WR Cage
To confirm, the OP had the aisle, the footrest user had the middle, and the window seat was occupied by another individual.

If the above is true, then only the window seat user can raise the safety issue, not the person in aisle seat.
A safety issue is a safety issue. It can be raised by any passenger, air crew, ground crew or even the person who fills up the ice bucket.
gcashin and songsc like this.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by jimmauk
A safety issue is a safety issue. It can be raised by any passenger, air crew, ground crew or even the person who fills up the ice bucket.

Exactly. I really don’t get the passive aggressive approach on doing and saying nothing on the flight, yet so upset about to post a new thread on FT bemoaning the fact FAs don’t enforce carry on bag stowage rules.
RangerNS likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by mapleg
Exactly. I really don’t get the passive aggressive approach on doing and saying nothing on the flight, yet so upset about to post a new thread on FT bemoaning the fact FAs don’t enforce carry on bag stowage rules.
Who's upset?

I've forwarded the details of this incident to Air Canada. Hopefully they can remind their flight crews of their job more effectively than a passenger can.

You're free to argue with low level staff until you're blue in the face. It's not my cup of tea.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.