Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Delayed for 4.5 hours , given a $10 voucher at an airport with no open restaurants

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delayed for 4.5 hours , given a $10 voucher at an airport with no open restaurants

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2019, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.

Told me that's the best they can do..
10/10 experience thus far
how is your long weekend going?
Old Sep 2, 2019, 5:33 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Is there an airport hotel nearby (to answer my own question: no, YDF doesn't have any actual airport hotels)? Those will occasionally take those vouchers, though $10 will hardly cover anything.

The weather in AB was terrible Fri - Sun so I canceled my camping trip. Now on Monday it's sunny and 23
Old Sep 2, 2019, 5:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
What ought AC to have done?

One presumes that there is no ground service catering available. It is an unfortunate fact that many small airports simply do not have anything.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by pewpew
Is there an airport hotel nearby (to answer my own question: no, YDF doesn't have any actual airport hotels)? Those will occasionally take those vouchers, though $10 will hardly cover anything.

The weather in AB was terrible Fri - Sun so I canceled my camping trip. Now on Monday it's sunny and 23

Yeah literally nothing I can do.. it's in the middle of no where without food
Old Sep 2, 2019, 5:47 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Somewhat more than 0% of the time FAs get confused at the vouchers and return them. So it could easily be $20, $30, $40 of BoB.

As for YDF? Uber Eats?
Old Sep 2, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: TK *G
So which airport are you in, and why is your flight delayed?
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by songsc
So which airport are you in, and why is your flight delayed?
YDF-YYZ

They cancelled the 7pm flight due to mechanical reasons.
I am now rebooked on the AC1717... Which is also delayed.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1

One presumes that there is no ground service catering available. It is an unfortunate fact that many small airports simply do not have anything.
They could order pizza? I guess I am gonna do that for myself soon...paying out of pocket too :/
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:07 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
YDF-YYZ

They cancelled the 7pm flight due to mechanical reasons.
I am now rebooked on the AC1717... Which is also delayed.
Ah that's not good. If you have travel insurance try using that? There should be at least some vending machines in the terminal, no?
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:35 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by Often1

Spend $100 of real money rather AC monopoly money and order a bunch of pizzas to the airport?
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:44 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
When are the new compensation rules in effect? And are they only for international flights?
in Europe for more than 4h delay you get 600 euros if I remember correctly.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Had 2 flights delay 2+ hours yesterday and got 2 x $10 and a taxi voucher at YEG. Not horrible. Both flights had mechanicals.....are these on the increase as they are pushing she fleet to the Max? LOL
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:54 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
The new rules for delays don't come into effect until December 15, but I'm not convinced they'd apply here. The reason for delay is mechanical, and those are expressly excluded

They could order pizza? I guess I am gonna do that for myself soon...paying out of pocket too :/
I was thinking of finding a nearby WS pilot and getting them to buy everyone a pizza
Old Sep 2, 2019, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

They actually brought in pizza just now after I called them out on the cert being useless. Glad they did end up feeding us!
Old Sep 2, 2019, 8:37 pm

They actually brought in pizza just now after I called them out on the cert being useless. Glad they did end up feeding us!

Were people fed by zone!?

My credit card delayed flight insurance kicks in at 4 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.