Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Delayed for 4.5 hours , given a $10 voucher at an airport with no open restaurants

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delayed for 4.5 hours , given a $10 voucher at an airport with no open restaurants

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2019, 9:44 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by yyznomad
AC is known to keep the MLLs open as long as possible when the last flight out is delayed.
The contract staff and AC staff manning the MLL need to be amenable to it though as there is no obligation to do so. But expecting them to stay up for a flight that is 5-hours delayed is a bit much, IMHO.. but if they stayed an hour or two or so later than closing time, then I'd say that's a bonus for the pax.
I expect them to keep the lounge open until a long haul delayed flight boards IF it is their fault, which it was. AC's incompetence caused the delay, should be on them to pay lounge staff to keep it open. Especially in a horrible airport like YYZ where drinks are $20 and OTG controls all the restaurants.

Last edited by zeer0; Sep 3, 2019 at 10:09 pm
Old Sep 3, 2019, 9:53 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Dear Lake has neither an MLL or UA presence.

Stephenville may have had the latter sever decades ago, but for reasons unclear to me, that STS-able airport is deprecated.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by zeer0
I expect them to keep the lounge open until a long haul delayed flight boards IF it is their fault, which it was. AC's incompetence caused the delay, should be on them to pay lounge staff to keep it open. Especially in a horrible airport like YYZ where drinks are $20 and OTG controls all the restaurants.
LOL I'm just telling you what they usually do... I'm all for keeping the MLL open longer!
Old Sep 4, 2019, 9:10 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Often1
What ought AC to have done?
As indicated in the posts above there was absolutely nothing they could do. Surrounding the airport is an infinite abyss of nothingness, just like all other airports.

I wish I had taken a picture but... I was once given a voucher that had a large black felt pen "UNLIMITED" written across it.
Bohemian1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.