FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   MKE to YYZ why doesn’t AC just change the times (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1985665-mke-yyz-why-doesn-t-ac-just-change-times.html)

YXUhomebase Sep 2, 2019 5:17 pm

MKE to YYZ why doesn’t AC just change the times

So others may be able to confirm how bad the data is but for me it seems pretty consistently that AC evening flights from MKE to YYZ are consistently late. And not just a couple of minutes.

since it is the last flight and “scheduled” to arrive at 21:33 why not just openly admit that it will rarely happen and just be honest.

So so far my arrivals times on this flight are 10 pm or later once even after midnight.

It would save me wasting time as a small airport waiting for the flight and I would know for sure I am not going to need a ride until 10:30 or later - especially since we land at the long walk F gates...

shadowspar Sep 3, 2019 7:06 am

Expertflyer has this to say re reliability for MKE-YYZ:

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...90aa9c9ddb.png

That said, I'm not sure it's that much worse than pretty much every evening flight operated under the AC Express banner -- they all seem pretty bad, as does AC's on-time performance generally.. Looking at the same numbers for an arbitrary sample of YAM, DTW, YXU, PIT, the only thing that's different with the flights to/from MKE is that there's fewer of them.

ridefar Sep 3, 2019 8:01 am

Originally Posted by YXUhomebase (Post 31483797)
So others may be able to confirm how bad the data is but for me it seems pretty consistently that AC evening flights from MKE to YYZ are consistently late. And not just a couple of minutes.

since it is the last flight and “scheduled” to arrive at 21:33 why not just openly admit that it will rarely happen and just be honest.

So so far my arrivals times on this flight are 10 pm or later once even after midnight.

It would save me wasting time as a small airport waiting for the flight and I would know for sure I am not going to need a ride until 10:30 or later - especially since we land at the long walk F gates...

Oh c'mon. The food at the Chlli's in MKE is so good that you should be happy to spend some extra time there.

And you can shop for cheese while you wait!

Seriously. What shadowspar said. Yeah it sucks. So does DTW. So does every city served by AC "Express" and their crappy planes that smell of sweat socks and worse. That's life. There is absolutely zero penalty to AC for their crap performance. What do they care if you are 2 hours late? They are selling tickets to occasional travellers for onward TATL flights. They could care less if a business traveler is delayed. Most people on the plane aren't going anywhere until the next day.

canadiancow Sep 3, 2019 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by YXUhomebase (Post 31483797)

One recommendation is to use the "track inbound" feature in the AC app. That will give you a reasonable gauge of whether it will be late.

YXUhomebase Sep 3, 2019 9:10 pm

Thanks for the data.

i do use the track inbound part of the app but I wish like United does you could go back more than one iteration.

I agree they they really don’t care but it seems curious that if the flight is consistently 30 min or more late why not just adjust the departure and arrival times? Is there any benefit in pretending the plane will land at 9.30 and knowing that it will be well after 10 pm.

As aside whatever happened to the new policy of being upfront with delays? Last night the app said on time departure, the gate said on time, the agent said on time, but tracking the inbound it left over 30 min late from YYZ and even if there could have been an instantaneous snap your fingers to have everyone off and outbound boarded in seconds there was no freaking way the plane was leaving on time ....

and then when boarding time is long past and no inbound in sight we see posted there there is a ten minute delay. Which is again an obvious lie.

lallied Sep 4, 2019 8:52 am

Originally Posted by YXUhomebase (Post 31487998)
Thanks for the data.

i do use the track inbound part of the app but I wish like United does you could go back more than one iteration.

I agree they they really don’t care but it seems curious that if the flight is consistently 30 min or more late why not just adjust the departure and arrival times? Is there any benefit in pretending the plane will land at 9.30 and knowing that it will be well after 10 pm.

As aside whatever happened to the new policy of being upfront with delays? Last night the app said on time departure, the gate said on time, the agent said on time, but tracking the inbound it left over 30 min late from YYZ and even if there could have been an instantaneous snap your fingers to have everyone off and outbound boarded in seconds there was no freaking way the plane was leaving on time ....

and then when boarding time is long past and no inbound in sight we see posted there there is a ten minute delay. Which is again an obvious lie.

Just save the inbound as a tracked flight then go into tracked flights in app and look at inbound there. Or use Flightradar24 and track the fin.

canadiancow Sep 4, 2019 11:14 am

Originally Posted by lallied (Post 31489460)
Just save the inbound as a tracked flight then go into tracked flights in app and look at inbound there. Or use Flightradar24 and track the fin.

I'd be a little more concerned with making too many assumptions about the inbound's inbound.

You're not getting a FIN swap in MKE. But it's very likely in YYZ. If YYZ-MKE is delayed, you know MKE-YYZ will be too. But I wouldn't be nearly as certain going back even one more flight.

lallied Sep 4, 2019 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 31489993)
I'd be a little more concerned with making too many assumptions about the inbound's inbound.

You're not getting a FIN swap in MKE. But it's very likely in YYZ. If YYZ-MKE is delayed, you know MKE-YYZ will be too. But I wouldn't be nearly as certain going back even one more flight.

I was going to say you have to check regularly though either way; it can change and for some routes often does as they all go mechanical and they rope in new aircraft. But in the moment it does work.