Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New Change Fees - SE booking for someone else

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2019, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

I know that they've recently put in place a policy that gets rid of Aeroplan change fees for SE.

Does anyone know if this applies to Aeroplan bookings only in the SE name, or for passengers that we've booked using an SE account
Old Sep 1, 2019, 6:17 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
I had to change an AP booking last week and it was FREE
Old Sep 1, 2019, 10:17 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
I had to change an AP booking last week and it was FREE
But was this an award you booked for yourself or someone else from your account?

A couple of weeks ago, shortly after the change, I cancelled an award for my wife, which had been booked out of my account, at no charge.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Sep 2, 2019 at 7:27 am Reason: Corrected typo
Old Sep 1, 2019, 10:31 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
I know that they've recently put in place a policy that gets rid of Aeroplan change fees for SE.

Does anyone know if this applies to Aeroplan bookings only in the SE name, or for passengers that we've booked using an SE account
Yup. Applies. See here:

Originally Posted by capedreamer
Confirmed. Just took advantage of the new policy for a change to a pair of tickets for my parents.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by capedreamer
Yup. Applies. See here:
Thanks!
capedreamer likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
But was this an award you booked for yourself or someone else from your account?

A couple of weeks ago, shortly after the change, I canceled an award for my wife, which had been booked out of my account, at no charge.

For someone else!

I have left our fair city of Calgary for the Nation's capital.......HST and carbon tax sucks ..... no wonder people are angry, anyways.....

I booked a ticket for a friend of mine to fly out to join me moving my stuff to my new place. Possession has been delayed, so I canceled his AP flight (free of charged) and booked a new flight for him to join me, free of charge of course. Because it's free, it was easier to cancel and rebook. To be clear, the ticket was from my SE account, booked for a non-status passenger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.