FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Air Canada To Launch Year-Round Montreal-Toulouse Service (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1984858-air-canada-launch-year-round-montreal-toulouse-service.html)

briantoronto Aug 28, 2019 6:42 am

Air Canada To Launch Year-Round Montreal-Toulouse Service

How many seats will Airbus take each day?

Air Canada To Launch Year-Round Montreal-Toulouse Service
  • The only year-round flights from North America to the south west of France start June 4, 2020
  • Service links two of the world's leading aerospace industry hubs
MONTREAL, Aug. 28, 2019 /CNW Telbec/ - Air Canada announced today the introduction of year-round service between Montreal and Toulouse starting June 4, 2020. The five-times weekly flights will provide the only year-round service between the two cities and be operated with Air Canada's Airbus A330-300 fleet, featuring Signature Class, Premium Economy and Economy cabins. Special introductory fares from Montreal to Toulouse start as low as $729 CDN round-trip, all-in, and tickets are now available for purchase at aircanada.com or through travel agents.
​​​​​​​https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...826985203.html

songsc Aug 28, 2019 10:52 am

Is there enough demand? More specifically, I am not sure the aerospace industry can create enough demand to fill the J cabin.

jackmeister Aug 28, 2019 11:10 am

I guess they couldn't use the MAX 8 even if it went back to service

jasdou Aug 28, 2019 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by songsc (Post 31466355)
Is there enough demand? More specifically, I am not sure the aerospace industry can create enough demand to fill the J cabin.

I am sure AC knows the answer to that question. Or at the very least they have enough data to make an educated guess and they have decided that there is a high chance they will be making money on this new route. Otherwise they would deploy the aircraft elsewhere.

briantoronto Aug 28, 2019 12:09 pm

I assume they have a contract with Airbus that is driving this.

YVRtoYYZ Aug 28, 2019 1:53 pm

Too bad it is still a year away as I'd much rather connect in YUL to get to TLS than FRA as I have to currently. As well, this means 100%+ AQM on AC vs the 25% for the LH FRA-TLS segment.

YUL_Around_The_World Aug 28, 2019 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by briantoronto (Post 31465371)
How many seats will Airbus take each day?

https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...826985203.html

That's alot of links just for France .. outside of the US the country that has the most links for AC? ( Mainline Paris, Lyon, Toulouse and Rouge Marseille, Nice and Bordeaux ) ?

Not counting Geneva airport which is 50 meters from the French Border and Brussels which links the north of France ...

nave888 Aug 28, 2019 2:58 pm

Wow. AC has really increased its presence in France over the last few years! The A333 sure seems like a big plane for the route, but I guess with the 763s leaving and the tiny 788 fleet, it makes sense....hope it works out!

ChrisA330 Aug 28, 2019 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by nave888 (Post 31467389)
Wow. AC has really increased its presence in France over the last few years! The A333 sure seems like a big plane for the route, but I guess with the 763s leaving and the tiny 788 fleet, it makes sense....hope it works out!

Probably bad form to fly a Boeing plane into Airbus territory. :D

Adam Smith Aug 28, 2019 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by YUL_Around_The_World (Post 31467307)
That's alot of links just for France .. outside of the US the country that has the most links for AC? ( Mainline Paris, Lyon, Toulouse and Rouge Marseille, Nice and Bordeaux ) ?

Not counting Geneva airport which is 50 meters from the French Border and Brussels which links the north of France ...

YUL-BOD was supposed to be mainline as well on 7M8, although currently suspended due to the issues with that type.

I wonder how much of the traffic to some of these places is Canadians going to France vs those living in France coming to Canada or North America. For instance, there's no service from TLS to elsewhere in North America, so perhaps AC expects to sell a fair number of tickets for things like TLS-YUL-NYC. YUL isn't a great TB hub relative to YYZ, but it may be nicer to connect in YUL than CDG, FRA, etc if going to NYC, Chicago, etc.

Same thing domestically if the French want to go to YVR, or come to YYC to see the Rockies, etc.

RatherBeInYOW Aug 28, 2019 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by YUL_Around_The_World (Post 31467307)

Yeah, really interesting the capacity to France that AC has now. I mean I fly to France about once a quarter for business and I know there is demand there between our two countries, but when I saw this on my Twitter feed this morning I was quite surprised. Clearly they think this is a market they can make some money in, and I guess with no *A presence in France it makes more sense financially than say widening the route network in Germany where the LH TATL JV takes care of people going to Berlin or whatever.

YUL_Around_The_World Aug 28, 2019 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisA330 (Post 31467417)
Probably bad form to fly a Boeing plane into Airbus territory. :D

Well they will be flying the C-Series (A220-300) into Seattle! :p

300rwhp Aug 28, 2019 3:37 pm

i just flew bod-yul so i dont think it is suspended.

james dean Aug 28, 2019 3:39 pm

YUL-TLS works great for me, no more CDG-TLS connections!
Read: happy happy!!

ACYYZ/SD Aug 28, 2019 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by 300rwhp (Post 31467538)
i just flew bod-yul so i dont think it is suspended.

Just a change from the originally planned Mainline route to Rouge due to 737 logistic issues.