Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada To Launch Year-Round Montreal-Toulouse Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada To Launch Year-Round Montreal-Toulouse Service

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2019, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
YUL-BOD was supposed to be mainline as well on 7M8, although currently suspended due to the issues with that type.

I wonder how much of the traffic to some of these places is Canadians going to France vs those living in France coming to Canada or North America. For instance, there's no service from TLS to elsewhere in North America, so perhaps AC expects to sell a fair number of tickets for things like TLS-YUL-NYC. YUL isn't a great TB hub relative to YYZ, but it may be nicer to connect in YUL than CDG, FRA, etc if going to NYC, Chicago, etc.

Same thing domestically if the French want to go to YVR, or come to YYC to see the Rockies, etc.
it's quite a bit further to fly TLS-YUL-YVR than TLS-FRA-YVR
Old Aug 28, 2019, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by YUL_Around_The_World
Well they will be flying the C-Series (A220-300) into Seattle!
Boring don't have a big presence at SEA (they're BFI, RNT and PAE)

Although Alaska use nothing but E175s out of PAE...
Old Aug 28, 2019, 4:34 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Montreal is the ICAO headquarters, so I can see a lot of aviation related traffic between those two places.
tcook052 likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 5:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

QUOTES:

"Just call it the “Airbus Express.”

"Once the service begins June 4, Air Canada says it will be the only carrier offering year-round nonstop service between North America and Toulouse. Canadian budget carrier Air Transat — which Air Canada is in the midst of acquiring — offers seasonal service, also from Montreal."

"Air Canada’s service on the Montreal-Toulouse route – fittingly to be operated with Airbus A330-300 wide-body jets – will connect Toulouse to a region that’s newly important to Airbus."

Full article

https://thepointsguy.com/news/airbus...a-to-toulouse/
Old Aug 28, 2019, 7:23 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM
Originally Posted by 300rwhp
i just flew bod-yul so i dont think it is suspended.
I think the mainline was suspended because of Max8 ... replaced by Rouge .. actually with a much greater capacity on 763 ...
Old Aug 28, 2019, 7:27 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM
Originally Posted by CZBB
it's quite a bit further to fly TLS-YUL-YVR than TLS-FRA-YVR
5,863 mi vs 5,583 so yes 280 miles more (5%) .. "quite a bit" is maybe an exaggeration
canadiancow likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 8:32 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Anyone done the Airbus factory tour there? Is it any good compared to the Boeing one in Everett? I always wanted to go, but it's a bit of a trek from CDG.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 8:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by GateGuardian
Anyone done the Airbus factory tour there? Is it any good compared to the Boeing one in Everett? I always wanted to go, but it's a bit of a trek from CDG.
I believe @canadiancow and @Adam Smith may have done it as part of the Super Mego Do a couple of years ago.

@GateGuardian
If you feel like organizing an AC FT super-mini-TLS-Do, I'm in ^
Old Aug 29, 2019, 12:27 am

If no one else is flying there, I guess they've got everything to gain and nothing Toulouse.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 1:53 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by dblumenhoff
If no one else is flying there, I guess they've got everything to gain and nothing Toulouse.
Well done. I just hope we can see two lousy puns in a row.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 6:31 am

Programs: TK*S, SPG Gold
So much expansion. I think they’re going to get killed when the next recession hits.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 6:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by GateGuardian
I toured the Airbus factory weeks ahead of the A380 launch and it was memorable so would recommend it while enjoying Toulouse itself.

This is good news from AC as it opens up even more OJ options within France.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 10:49 am

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by jasdou

I am sure AC knows the answer to that question. Or at the very least they have enough data to make an educated guess and they have decided that there is a high chance they will be making money on this new route. Otherwise they would deploy the aircraft elsewhere.
Agree. I am sure AC has much more data than I have and made a more educated guess than me, but I would be really surprised if there is indeed enough business traffic. Both AC 880 and AC 884 uses 28J 773 currently and it has been a while since 40/42J 773 was deployed on AC880 regularly. To me this suggests France is a leisure focused market than business focused.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 12:34 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by 24left
I believe @canadiancow and @Adam Smith may have done it as part of the Super Mego Do a couple of years ago.

@GateGuardian
If you feel like organizing an AC FT super-mini-TLS-Do, I'm in ^
I forget whether it was SMD6 or SMD7 that I did (I think 7; cow, @traacs + 1 and Mrs. Smith were all there too), but we visited the Airbus plant at XFW on that trip. I think a previous SMD may have hit the Toulouse factory.

I might be up for a mini-do involving a tour of the TLS plant, if it happened.

Originally Posted by YUL_Around_The_World
I think the mainline was suspended because of Max8 ... replaced by Rouge .. actually with a much greater capacity on 763 ...
​​​​​​​I think that "much greater" is debatable. The 763 has much greater capacity than the 7M8 (67% more seats, roughly), but they also cut the frequency from 4/week to 3/week, so it's about a 25% capacity increase on the route.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 2:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 24left
Star* Mega Do.

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I forget whether it was SMD6 or SMD7 that I did (I think 7; cow, @traacs + 1 and Mrs. Smith were all there too), but we visited the Airbus plant at XFW on that trip. I think a previous SMD may have hit the Toulouse factory.

I might be up for a mini-do involving a tour of the TLS plant, if it happened.
SMD7 was XFW.
SMD6 was TLS.

I did both of them.

In all honesty, once you've seen one, you've seen them all. I couldn't even tell you the difference between the two factories. We saw airplanes. Photos were not permitted. The end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.