eUpgrade Expiry

Old Aug 23, 19, 4:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Gold Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Accor Silver
eUpgrade Expiry

eUpgrades generally expire at the end of February of the benefit year in which they are awarded. However, I have had eUpgrades awarded toward the end of a calendar year that have carried over until the end of the following benefit year. For example, I will have 20 additional eUpgrades that will be awarded after passing the 100K threshold after the beginning of October, which I assume will expire on February 29th, 2020. After what date do awarded eUpgrades not expire until the following benefit year (in this case February 28th, 2021)?
skybluesea likes this.
Old Aug 23, 19, 5:21 am

Programs: AC*S100K ACMM / HH Diamond
I don't believe that AC has a formally stated long term policy about this, but over the past few years eUpgrades that have been issued after November 1st have an extended expiration date.

You can see the current year's expiration date policy in the eUpgrade terms & conditions (https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...onditions.html):
eUpgrade Credit validity period
All credits are valid through the Altitude benefit year, unless otherwise specified on your eUpgrade account. The 2019 benefit year runs to February 29th, 2020. Furthermore, all credits earned on or after November 1st, 2019 will be valid until February 28th, 2021.

Last edited by canopus27; Aug 23, 19 at 5:43 am Reason: Clarified post
Old Aug 23, 19, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Gold Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canopus27 View Post
I don't believe that AC has a formally stated long term policy about this, but over the past few years eUpgrades that have been issued after November 1st have an extended expiration date.

You can see the current year's expiration date policy in the eUpgrade terms & conditions (https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...onditions.html):
Thanks - that definitely clarifies things.
Old Oct 15, 19, 8:02 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
I have a J-class TPAC flight on Oct 22 that will take me over an eUpgrade threshold and I will then be issued eUpgrade credits that expire in Feb 2020.

I would like to remove my FF number from my file and then claim this flight in early November to get those eUpgrade credits to expire in 2021.

Can anyone tell me how late on the day of the flight that I can remove my FF number from my file? I would prefer the SD to see my status for meal selection, but see no further benefit to having my SM number on the file.

Should I remove my FF number at the Gate? Or at the SS in YYZ? Or call the Concierge?

Thanks
Old Oct 15, 19, 9:26 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by Plumber View Post
I have a J-class TPAC flight on Oct 22 that will take me over an eUpgrade threshold and I will then be issued eUpgrade credits that expire in Feb 2020.

I would like to remove my FF number from my file and then claim this flight in early November to get those eUpgrade credits to expire in 2021.

Can anyone tell me how late on the day of the flight that I can remove my FF number from my file? I would prefer the SD to see my status for meal selection, but see no further benefit to having my SM number on the file.

Should I remove my FF number at the Gate? Or at the SS in YYZ? Or call the Concierge?

Thanks
Can't you have it removed way ahead of departure and, as you board, just mention to the SD that you are SM but somehow your FF number was not added to the booking? That should get you what you want.
Plumber likes this.
Old Oct 15, 19, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit, HH Diamond, Hyatt Glob, Accor Gold, UA Silver
Email the concierge after the door closes.

If you want meal priority, you need to do this VERY late.
Plumber likes this.
Old Oct 23, 19, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
Email the concierge after the door closes.

If you want meal priority, you need to do this VERY late.
I boarded, was greeted by the SD once seated and then called the Concierge line and asked them to remove my Aeroplan number from this flight. No problem

I assume they removed it from my whole PNR so I will just add it again later for the return, which is on Nov 1.
Old Oct 23, 19, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit, HH Diamond, Hyatt Glob, Accor Gold, UA Silver
Did you retain meal priority? If they do it before the flight is finalized and the manifest printed, I'd expect it to not have your status.
Old Oct 23, 19, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
Did you retain meal priority? If they do it before the flight is finalized and the manifest printed, I'd expect it to not have your status.
Yes i did keep meal priority... when the SD came around they had the iPad when greeting people, which seemed to have my status. I am not syre whether the iPad gets updated again prior to door closing. They started taking meal orders quite early on this flight.
Old Oct 24, 19, 1:32 pm

Programs: AC*SE, Wyndham Dimond, Marriott Plat, Amex Plat CND & USA, active military, Yoga teacher.
I am having the same problem, because of EYW I earned 40K miles. and 40 Eups. but I know have no plans for flights from now till May. I wish they made it after June 1st you get them for next year.
Old Oct 24, 19, 1:53 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by LesDorgo View Post
I am having the same problem, because of EYW I earned 40K miles. and 40 Eups. but I know have no plans for flights from now till May. I wish they made it after June 1st you get them for next year.
I am sure your eUp nominee can help prevent those eUp credits from going to waste!
TechnoTourist likes this.
Old Oct 25, 19, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Plumber View Post
I assume they removed it from my whole PNR so I will just add it again later for the return, which is on Nov 1.
Fudge! Whatever they did was wrong ... as my flights posted today and I crossed the eup threshold ... the credits have not shown up yet, but pretty sure they will expire in 2020.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 14, 19, 7:41 am

Programs: AC*S100K ACMM / HH Diamond
I have just received some threshold eUpgrades - they landed in my account yesterday, Nov 13 - and they are valid until 28-Feb, 2021.
Old Nov 14, 19, 8:30 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Plat/Lifetime Gold, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat
Nice,

I'm going to be crossing 60k, 80k, and 100k and buying a couple of FPs before the end of the year. I should have lots of eups good till 2021.
Old Nov 14, 19, 9:20 am

Programs: Air Canada Elite, Continental Gold, IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by canopus27 View Post
I have just received some threshold eUpgrades - they landed in my account yesterday, Nov 13 - and they are valid until 28-Feb, 2021.
Shoot, I bought 3 flight passes in October which generates the Flight Pass Activity eupgrade benefit, and I could have easily waited until Nov 1 to purchase. They all expire in Feb 2020.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: