Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Celebrates Aeroplan's 35th Anniversary with Biggest Contest Ever

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2019, 2:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver

https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...896305357.html

MONTREAL, Aug. 22, 2019 /CNW Telbec/ - Air Canada is proud to celebrate the 35th anniversary of Aeroplan, Canada'spremier travel loyalty program. To mark 35 years of loyalty, Aeroplan is launching its biggest contest yet, with the opportunity for 45 lucky members to win a total of 38.5 million miles.

From August 22 to September 25, Aeroplan is offering members two ways to win. Ten lucky members will have the chance to win 3.5 million Aeroplan Miles and make their dream bucket list trip a reality. In addition, 35 members will be able to win 100,000 miles. Members can register to enter the contest by going to aeroplan.com/35 and submitting their Aeroplan number.

"We're excited to offer Aeroplan members a chance to make their dreams a reality with our biggest contest to date," said Mark Nasr, Vice President, Loyalty and e-Commerce at Air Canada. "Air Canada is working hard to make immediate and tangible improvements to Aeroplan, to give members more of what they love: value, ease and flexibility. This milestone celebration is part of Air Canada's continued enhancements and improvements to the Aeroplan loyalty program as we move closer to the additional improvements coming with the relaunch of Aeroplan later next year."

To enter, members simply register their Aeroplan number at aeroplan.com/35 and share on social:

Grand Prize Draws:
There will be ten grand prize draws of 3.5 million miles. After a member registers, every transaction with an Aeroplan partner counts as an automatic entry for the grand prize. Each time you earn miles with any of Aeroplan's 75+ partners, redeem miles for a flight, hotel stay, car rental, merchandise, activities or donate miles via Aeroplan's Member Donation Program, you're entered for one of these ten grand prizes. Aeroplan affiliated cardholders get 35 bonus entries if they make at least one transaction with their card during the contest period.

Share on Social:
Win one of 35 secondary prizes of 100,000 miles. Share your picture-perfect trips, tag the people you would go with and hashtag #withaeroplan for a chance to win a secondary prize. Participants can post every day for more chances to win.

"As Aeroplan celebrates its 35th anniversary this year, our goal is to create Canada's most rewarding loyalty program. We want to ensure members achieve their travel goals faster than with any other rewards programs in Canada," concluded Nasr. "This contest is an important way to connect with our millions of members by offering exciting and unique ways to earn and redeem miles."

Air Canada recently announced changes to Aeroplan which represent just the beginning of many improvements being planned ahead of the Aeroplan relaunch in 2020. To make Aeroplan more flexible and member-friendly, the changes include: full refunds within 24 hours of booking, the option to refund flight rewards up to two hours before departure, a reduction of the aeroplan.com refund fee, and complimentary changes and refunds for Air Canada Altitude Super Elite 100K members. Aeroplan has the lowest fixed fare redemption options among Canadian loyalty travel programs, with only 7,500 Miles needed for a one-way, short haul flight with no advance purchase or roundtrip required.

For more information, visit: http://www.aeroplan.com/35.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 2:05 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I like this footnote:

You can also get an entry to the contest by writing a 50-word essay and send it via mail.
I wish my profs would have let me get by with a 50 word "essay". Would have given me more drinking time.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: DL Silver - uh huh!
Open only to residents of Canada.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 2:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Guess I need to find my Aeroplan credit card and make a purchase.

Originally Posted by Kamalaasaa
Nevermind.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 2:17 pm

That kinda sucks.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 6:53 pm

Programs: Air Canada 50K - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Platinum
Intresting you can earn a entry a day if you spend $10 or more with a Aeroplan Credit Card.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 11:03 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I went to go check this out and look what I got:

Classic!
skybluesea, gcashin and yyckerr like this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 1:12 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I went to go check this out and look what I got:

Classic!
I got the same thing...

Didnt this site just go live?? What kind of maintenance could they possibly do doing ???
gcashin and skybluesea like this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 1:46 am
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
delete

Last edited by skybluesea; Dec 27, 2020 at 10:00 pm
Old Aug 23, 2019, 7:25 am

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by skybluesea

somebody at Amia didn’t get the message they’re being sold, and a nasty note arrived from Air Canada saying stop all this now. 🤔
Aimia is long gone: Air Canada Completes Acquisition of Aeroplan Loyalty Business (January 10, 2019)
Old Aug 23, 2019, 9:39 am
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
delete

Last edited by skybluesea; Dec 27, 2020 at 9:57 pm
Old Aug 23, 2019, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by skybluesea
and so much for a completely new loyalty program in 2020… The big debate on this Forum whether this would happen or not, so is this contest just a distraction from new lipstick on an old pig... and no disrespect to pigs or lipstick
Did you even read the press release? "Air Canada also confirmed that Aeroplan Members' Miles will be honoured on a one-to-one basis in Air Canada's new loyalty program when it launches next year, in 2020". And the announcement that opens this thread refers to the "relaunch" of Aeroplan next year. That makes it sound like they may retain the Aeroplan name, but it's still likely the program is going to be hugely revamped.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Did you even read the press release? "Air Canada also confirmed that Aeroplan Members' Miles will be honoured on a one-to-one basis in Air Canada's new loyalty program when it launches next year, in 2020". And the announcement that opens this thread refers to the "relaunch" of Aeroplan next year. That makes it sound like they may retain the Aeroplan name, but it's still likely the program is going to be hugely revamped.
It's true that there's not been much new program news recently .... but some of the Q&A on the website (https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...questions.html) look new to me. Nothing earth shattering, but some interesting hints. Examples:

Q: Will Air Canada still launch a new program in 2020, or are you keeping Aeroplan?
A: Air Canada remains committed to delivering on our promise to build a new loyalty program that better reflects the way our customers live and travel. What’s more, your Aeroplan Miles will be honoured on a one-to-one basis in our new loyalty program when it launches in 2020, allowing you to continue earning Aeroplan Miles with confidence.

Q: You’ve consistently said that the new program would launch in 2020 when your contract with Aeroplan expired and now you've purchased Aeroplan – so when will the program launch?
A: We remain on track to launch the new Air Canada loyalty program in 2020. We plan to start sharing more details over the course of 2019, as well as introducing new program elements as they become available, so you can start enjoying benefits sooner. In the meantime, you can continue to earn and redeem Aeroplan Miles with confidence.

Q: Other airlines just have one program. Just integrate the Altitude concept and keep it easy…no smoke and mirrors this time around, please. Bill.
A: We agree with you, Bill.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Odd that they would exclude US customers and Canadian citizens living/working outside of Canada.

All while AC still has a clear corporate push to incentivize people fly transborder to connect in Air Canada hubs to fill up flights??

NOTE TO CANADIANS: this contest is MUCH BETTER for you than Earn your Wings. 10 winners of 3.5Million miles each. Do not even bother signing up for or participating in EYW, as it would distract you from this better anniversary contest...
Old Aug 23, 2019, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by expert7700
NOTE TO CANADIANS: this contest is MUCH BETTER for you than Earn your Wings. 10 winners of 3.5Million miles each. Do not even bother signing up for or participating in EYW, as it would distract you from this better anniversary contest...
Thanks for that totally unbiased advice @expert7700!
canopus27 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.