Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Café at YYZ Domestic Gate 20

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2019, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Access

Please see this thread for questions on access to the Café. Moderator note: questions about access posted in this thread will be deleted.

Hours

ATTENTION: The Cafe hours have been expanded (earlier and later) from previous hours of 05:30-18:30.
Hours - Mon-Sun 05:15 - 21:30
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34292969-post707.html

THE WEBSITE INDICATES A CLOSING TIME OF MIDNIGHT WHICH IS WRONG.
THIS WIKI REMAINS CORRECT.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada Café at YYZ Domestic Gate 20

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2022, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by talkeryxu
The last three times I've ordered food in the YYZ MLL it hasn't arrived, so I have generally skipped it entirely and opted for the Café since it reopened post-plumbing issue. Now, if only they'd set up a small bar down in the Café...
IMHO, a (alcohol serving) bar of any size at the cafe will be a take away .
Old May 30, 2022, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Updated Cafe Hours 05:15 - 21:30 Mon-Sun

Updated Cafe Hours 05:15 - 21:30 Mon-Sun

Wiki updated
Old Jun 13, 2022, 11:00 am

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
Possible to visit AC Cafe in Domestic Terminal YYZ before a YYZ => USA nonstop flight

I have a ticket that will originate in YYZ and go across the border. Is it possible to clear security into the Domestic terminal and then visit the Cafe before heading across border control to the US-bound flights?
Old Jun 13, 2022, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Was a cnx pax YSB/YYZ/IAD and used cafe
Quiet and comfortable. Agent scanned my US Bound BP
Old Jun 13, 2022, 12:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt
I have a ticket that will originate in YYZ and go across the border. Is it possible to clear security into the Domestic terminal and then visit the Cafe before heading across border control to the US-bound flights?
No, you won't be permitted through domestic security.
18wheeler_vanrekt likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 12:19 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt
CATSA won't let you access the domestic area, so no.
18wheeler_vanrekt likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by acysb87
IMHO, a (alcohol serving) bar of any size at the cafe will be a take away .
i hope they keep the cafe alcohol free. it keeps a certain element in the lounge and out of the cafe
Symmetre and Yul_voyager like this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 12:29 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
Excellent. YYZ => Y?? => YYZ => SFO (or perhaps just YYZ => YVR => SFO), I go...
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
All the fancy chilled beverages and Lidt chocolates that were exclusive to the cafe were missing on Sunday. Staff said these were promotion related items and were not resupplied…..
Old Jun 14, 2022, 2:31 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Was at the cafe for an 8:00am flight last week and found it to be relatively full. Not MLL crazy, but someone sitting at most tables, not sure if I was unlucky or if the secret is out.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by yyzgigi
Was at the cafe for an 8:00am flight last week and found it to be relatively full. Not MLL crazy, but someone sitting at most tables, not sure if I was unlucky or if the secret is out.
yeah, I've always found the early morning rush period to be quite full in the cafe... but all other times, at least for me, it's been quite serene.

Did I already say that I like the Cafe? Because I do.

Also, there's no stupid wait for coffee in the cafe... in the MLL you have to stand there and wait for the Egro or Lavazza machines to slowly do their work... of which at any given time, one of each of the two Egro or two Lavazza machines are OUT OF SERVICE
yyzgigi likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 2:58 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Moderator note: recent posts (July 2022 onwards) have been moved to a new thread starting in July 2022, consistent with MLLs and Signature Suites. Recent posts on access to the Cafe have been move to the lounge access thread. This thread is now retired.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.