Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Café at YYZ Domestic Gate 20

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2019, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Access

Please see this thread for questions on access to the Café. Moderator note: questions about access posted in this thread will be deleted.

Hours

ATTENTION: The Cafe hours have been expanded (earlier and later) from previous hours of 05:30-18:30.
Hours - Mon-Sun 05:15 - 21:30
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34292969-post707.html

THE WEBSITE INDICATES A CLOSING TIME OF MIDNIGHT WHICH IS WRONG.
THIS WIKI REMAINS CORRECT.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada Café at YYZ Domestic Gate 20

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2022, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I don't think the cafe has showers... but I think you know that already.

Maybe all the toilet stalls are out of service. I guess they can just tell people to use the public lavs in the terminal.
I think the joke was that if there's a flood in the Café, guests can just take advantage and have a shower there, rather than in the MLL!
yyznomad likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 9:50 am

Programs: AC SEMM DL DM
On a serious note, I look forward to it opening again, so I can finally check it out.

Tried to get in when it was open in... early February, I think... but the auto-scan didn't work for me because I was at the time a 35K on a PE ticket. Tried to explain to the agent that I should have access with the Amex AE Reserve and showed her the card, but she said it didn't qualify. And she works at the airport, so...
yyznomad likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by mathemagic
I think the joke was that if there's a flood in the Café, guests can just take advantage and have a shower there, rather than in the MLL!
Maybe it's being converted into a Maid Cafe.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 4:29 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
Still closed as of Wednesday, March 16 at 6:30 am

Took a closer look today; from what I could see, the shelves were devoid of cans, bottles, Dare candy. Just some packages of paper towels and cleaning supplies.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 4:38 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Enterprise Plat
According to the gatekeepers on the 4th floor today, it’s still because of the leak repairs. There was no further detail on timelines for said repairs.

It is sad because I still have not had a chance to check it out and I hear it’s great. Double sad because I’d rather be there instead of listening to the dudebros beside me loudly complaining about the guest privileges their AMEX affords them for the MLL.
“Dude you should call Air Canada right now!”
yyznomad and canadiancow like this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 2:06 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Still closed. Dom MLL agents had no info on when it would reopen.
vancouver25k likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Still closed. Dom MLL agents had no info on when it would reopen.
I clicked like on the post because I like the sharing of information. I don't like the information itself.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 8:54 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Titanium
As of today, still closed, no official update from Concierge and MLL Domestic. Hopefully soon, what with so much travel returning and flight schedules ramping back up.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 9:03 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum Elite
I guess the new rule is that we get Cafe or Signature Suite, but not both.
zappy312 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 12:44 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
My guess on this was it would be closed for a day or closed for 3-6 months.

Water main implies water damage. Even if no damage, it is more profitable for GTAA and the union contractors to disassemble the lounge looking for water/mold, break stuff in the process and reassemble. Then wait for custom molding to be fabricated from rare trees and shipped on an ocean liner.

​​​​/alternate guess: it will reopen the day after contractors finish eating all the Lindt chocolate balls
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 3:12 pm

Programs: Back of the bus
Originally Posted by expert7700
My guess on this was it would be closed for a day or closed for 3-6 months.

Water main implies water damage. Even if no damage, it is more profitable for GTAA and the union contractors to disassemble the lounge looking for water/mold, break stuff in the process and reassemble. Then wait for custom molding to be fabricated from rare trees and shipped on an ocean liner.

​​​​/alternate guess: it will reopen the day after contractors finish eating all the Lindt chocolate balls
Could also depend if it's a massive enough leak that it falls under insurance which would drag this out for a while....
Old Mar 20, 2022, 6:12 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Well then, there is no need to fly YOW-YYZ-YYC/YVR if the Cafe is closed! Might as well skipped flying through YYZ and not have my luggage get lost.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 8:49 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
Well then, there is no need to fly YOW-YYZ-YYC/YVR if the Cafe is closed! Might as well skipped flying through YYZ and not have my luggage get lost.
you’re alive!

get good travel insurance - really helps with baggage delay!! I remember on my old TD credit card I got $1000 cad for 6 hour + delay… used it a couple times a year.

but just flew through Yyz and saw CAFE was closed and my bag got lost lol
Old Mar 21, 2022, 11:19 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr
you’re alive!

get good travel insurance - really helps with baggage delay!! I remember on my old TD credit card I got $1000 cad for 6 hour + delay… used it a couple times a year.

but just flew through Yyz and saw CAFE was closed and my bag got lost lol
I am alive, so busy and I keep moving around the country. There may be another move by summer, but I like YOW as it's cheap flying from YOW/YYZ/YUL and so close to the US border. You learn quickly how to avoid the HST on flights and of course never give up your Alberta Address! I hope to head south this summer to a Yankees, Mets, or even a Boston game!
Old Mar 22, 2022, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Is it still closed?
Are we there yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.