Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Café at YYZ Domestic Gate 20

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2019, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Access

Please see this thread for questions on access to the Café. Moderator note: questions about access posted in this thread will be deleted.

Hours

ATTENTION: The Cafe hours have been expanded (earlier and later) from previous hours of 05:30-18:30.
Hours - Mon-Sun 05:15 - 21:30
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34292969-post707.html

THE WEBSITE INDICATES A CLOSING TIME OF MIDNIGHT WHICH IS WRONG.
THIS WIKI REMAINS CORRECT.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada Café at YYZ Domestic Gate 20

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2019, 12:02 pm
SYM

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by canadiancow
To answer your first question: It's T1 domestic. There are no other *A customers who can physically access it.
*A status flying AC?
Old Sep 5, 2019, 12:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SYM
*A status flying AC?
Still spending money on AC; still their customer. Sure, it's technically possible, but I'm not aware of any other airline that does something like that. If it were SE + J, that would have SOME precedent. But I can't see E50K having access and not *G.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 12:32 pm
SYM

Programs: AC SEMM
To answer your first question: It's T1 domestic. There are no other *A customers who can physically access it.

To answer your second question: AC SS, LH FCL, SQ TPR, etc.
Still spending money on AC; still their customer. Sure, it's technically possible, but I'm not aware of any other airline that does something like that. If it were SE + J, that would have SOME precedent. But I can't see E50K having access and not *G.
Agreed; mostly just trying to help WaytoomuchEurope feel better
Old Sep 5, 2019, 12:35 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by SYM
Agreed; mostly just trying to help WaytoomuchEurope feel better
Pretzels and a beer.
canadiancow and Yhztraveller like this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 1:07 pm

Programs: AC-SE, EK-G, GF-G
while this is good news, I am wondering if this is the best way to spend AC's resources, and provide maximum passenger comfort and amenities. There is a MLL literally few meters away. Wouldn't it have been better to upgrade the current MLL (e.g. provide more quality food similar to what's offered in the international lounge, refurbish the upholstery, chairs, etc., and add another elevator)?
Old Sep 5, 2019, 1:14 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by aircanada_loyal
while this is good news, I am wondering if this is the best way to spend AC's resources, and provide maximum passenger comfort and amenities. There is a MLL literally few meters away. Wouldn't it have been better to upgrade the current MLL (e.g. provide more quality food similar to what's offered in the international lounge, refurbish the upholstery, chairs, etc., and add another elevator)?
I think they tried that in YYC and found it was not viable (assumption, of course)

You had meat carving, omelette station, the works.

That is now all gone, except the bartender
Old Sep 5, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM, Marriott Gold
So no E35k? Does that mean no lounge cert access either?
Old Sep 5, 2019, 1:22 pm

Programs: AC SE
Perhaps this place will allow them to close down sections of the current Dom MLL for remodeling/refurbishment?
Old Sep 5, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Look forward to trying this out on Sunday afternoon.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 1:25 pm

Programs: AC SE
This also reminds me of LH’s new lounge concept in MUC. Sounds similar in spirit!

https://onemileatatime.com/lufthansa-delights-to-go/
24left likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 1:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I think YYZ dom was getting a bit crowded at times, and especially with elevator wait times, this allows people to grab something before a flight whereas they otherwise could not.

I'm likely to use the main MLL for any flight after 11am, but it's nice to know I can grab a quick snack or non-alcoholic beverage on a quick EYW connection

Originally Posted by jasdou

Perhaps this place will allow them to close down sections of the current Dom MLL for remodeling/refurbishment?
That's also possible, but we'll see. Are they doing that in TB, since opening the other MLL?

Actually, TB has a huge new area that could house a massive lounge, right below the existing one...
canopus27 likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
There will always be naysayers, but you can't fault AC for trying, even if the execution might sometimes be subpar.
Many of us here do have gripes about certain areas of AC, but it's always nice to see these things. After all, they didn't have to do this. So I'm giving them a preliminary ^.
cedric, lcohen999, vernonc and 9 others like this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Actually, TB has a huge new area that could house a massive lounge, right below the existing one...
I'm starting the rumour that the big open space (where TB security used to be) is actually going to be transformed into AC's brand new Dance Club (AC/DC)

Old Sep 5, 2019, 3:35 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
The mental image of some us dancing at airports is enough to drive me to drink.

Okay, drink more.
smallmj likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 3:43 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
I wonder if P25K and E35K members travelling with an eUpgrade J class ticket will be able to get in?

It seems to be a case of YMMV most of the time...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.