Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Café at YYZ Domestic Gate 20

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2019, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Access

Please see this thread for questions on access to the Café. Moderator note: questions about access posted in this thread will be deleted.

Hours

ATTENTION: The Cafe hours have been expanded (earlier and later) from previous hours of 05:30-18:30.
Hours - Mon-Sun 05:15 - 21:30
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34292969-post707.html

THE WEBSITE INDICATES A CLOSING TIME OF MIDNIGHT WHICH IS WRONG.
THIS WIKI REMAINS CORRECT.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada Café at YYZ Domestic Gate 20

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2020, 7:46 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Read upthread... there is anecdotal evidence that this has been allowed for some...
Yeah it seems luck of the draw. I was similarly denied when flying transborder, and "I got in last time" didn't work
Old Feb 28, 2020, 4:31 pm

Read upthread... there is anecdotal evidence that this has been allowed for some...
Next time I pass through, I'll be J domestic so it won't be an issue.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 11:28 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
Not sure if this has been discussed elsewhere, and irrelevant until the Cafe reopens, but it isn't going to be nearly as exclusive or quiet when it does. They've now expanded access to anyone with Star Alliance Gold status and a whole bunch of credit card holders: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...es/accafe.html
Old Feb 23, 2021, 11:31 am

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by ac/elite
Not sure if this has been discussed elsewhere, and irrelevant until the Cafe reopens, but it isn't going to be nearly as exclusive or quiet when it does. They've now expanded access to anyone with Star Alliance Gold status and a whole bunch of credit card holders: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...es/accafe.html
I know the credit card holders are a new addition to the list of people allowed in, but I am pretty sure *G members have been allowed in since the opening.
Adam Smith and talkeryxu like this.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 12:05 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Ugh, as if we didn't have enough CC cheapeners crowding the lounges already
Old Feb 23, 2021, 12:06 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by codfather
I know the credit card holders are a new addition to the list of people allowed in, but I am pretty sure *G members have been allowed in since the opening.
Yes, I got in in December 2019 as a UA *G member.

Last edited by dinoscool3; Feb 23, 2021 at 4:54 pm
Old Feb 23, 2021, 12:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I'm pretty sure at least one of the issuers explicitly mentioned the Cafe when their cards were announced.

I know TD says. "yes MLL, no SS", which certainly could have been read either way.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 1:29 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'm pretty sure at least one of the issuers explicitly mentioned the Cafe when their cards were announced.

I know TD says. "yes MLL, no SS", which certainly could have been read either way.
I think CIBC was the only one to explicitly mention the Cafe. TD and AMEX just said MLL access, IIRC.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 3:52 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
How disappointing. One of the best things about it was the relative quiet. Food was better, too.

Living in hope that post-Covid AC puts a cafe on the transborder side. It would be a significant improvement.
Bohemian1 and jasdou like this.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 4:15 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by codfather
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
Yes, I got in in December as a UA *G member.
Accurate, that's how I got in in December, 2019.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
*G has always had access... or the wiki (last updated a year ago) and all previous posters talking about *G access are liars.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 9:04 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
*G has always had access... or the wiki (last updated a year ago) and all previous posters talking about *G access are liars.
I stand corrected on the star gold access. For some reason I had it in my mind that that was new. Not thrilled about all the credit card holders now having access though.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 9:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I stand corrected on the star gold access. For some reason I had it in my mind that that was new. Not thrilled about all the credit card holders now having access though.
I think you're overestimating how many black card holders there are who don't also have *G.

This isn't the $99/year card, it's the $500/year card.

I don't think I want what I'm about to suggest, but I suspect it would be less crowded with 75K+ or black cards than it would be with *G and no credit cards.
YOWgary, Aselwyn and mathemagic like this.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I think you're overestimating how many black card holders there are who don't also have *G.

This isn't the $99/year card, it's the $500/year card.

I don't think I want what I'm about to suggest, but I suspect it would be less crowded with 75K+ or black cards than it would be with *G and no credit cards.
In other words, there aren't a lot of black CC non *G holders, who travel enough in Y, through YYZ Dom, and who bother to even know the Café exists, to make much of a difference. I would agree.
canadiancow, YOWgary and yyztozag like this.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 6:30 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum Elite
I was so excited when I got a notification that there was activity in this thread. But no, still not open.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.