Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Newbie P25K Altitude card shows status valid until 2020.02.29?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2019, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC, HH

Reached P25K for the very first time today. In the AC app, click on Prestige 25K, the Altitude card shows valid until 2020.02.29? What's the deal with this? I thought the status was valid for all of 2020?

Thanks for the help.
flying chef likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Early recognition as a P25K for the remainder of 2019. Sometime in December you'll receive your P25K package for 2020.
flying chef likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC, HH
Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
Early recognition as a P25K for the remainder of 2019. Sometime in December you'll receive your P25K package for 2020.
Gotcha. Thank you!
Old Aug 21, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Do P25K members still receive the actual card? I am not certain, but I heard it is only mobile now. Hopefully, I am wrong!
Old Aug 21, 2019, 8:48 am

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Originally Posted by codfather
Do P25K members still receive the actual card? I am not certain, but I heard it is only mobile now. Hopefully, I am wrong!
I never got a card last year with I was P25K but I did get a card this year now that I am E35K again.

To be honest - it's just another piece of plastic to carry around. When do you really need it? I guess it's good in situations when you want to be DYKWIA and then throw your card across the desk
codfather and douglasr like this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 8:51 am

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by dr_torch
I never got a card last year with I was P25K but I did get a card this year now that I am E35K again.

To be honest - it's just another piece of plastic to carry around. When do you really need it? I guess it's good in situations when you want to be DYKWIA and then throw your card across the desk
HAHAHAHAHA this...

True enough all the same, but I still like to have a plastic card in case my phone dies! That doesn't always happen at the most convenient times!
Old Aug 21, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
Originally Posted by dr_torch

I still get asked for a physical card from time to time within Canada (usually when checking bags on an AE ticket), but maybe that's because I'm younger.

IIRC only 35K and up gets the physical card and brag tags.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
The physical card is also useful to collect miles on board if buying food/drink in Y.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 8:30 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by JordanYVR
The physical card is also useful to collect miles on board if buying food/drink in Y.
FAs will punch in your AE number without the card. I dont even bother showing an electronic version, just the numbers are sufficient.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by TechnoTourist
FAs will punch in your AE number without the card. I dont even bother showing an electronic version, just the numbers are sufficient.
Or in the case of my flight yesterday, refuse to accept it altogether.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 9:08 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott

Or in the case of my flight yesterday, refuse to accept it altogether.
That's a new one for me. You should be able to submit a missing mileage request. I did that once when I forgot I was on a Jazz flight and I got a reply from a human stating the Jazz flight was excluded from AE miles for bistro purchases. I assume that they would have credited the miles had I been on a mainline pr Rouge flight.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by TechnoTourist
That's a new one for me. You should be able to submit a missing mileage request. I did that once when I forgot I was on a Jazz flight and I got a reply from a human stating the Jazz flight was excluded from AE miles for bistro purchases. I assume that they would have credited the miles had I been on a mainline pr Rouge flight.
This was a Jazz flight, so maybe I just wasn't aware of the rule. Probably not worth pursuing for 25 miles
Old Aug 22, 2019, 7:37 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
P25k hasn't gotten tags in years if ever, the card was scrapped last year. The only time I ever used my P25k card outside of Esso legacy was to show it to a random AC employee to find a priority desk. E35k+ is more useful for the occasional lounge.
Air Canada altitude digital cards

And for the OP, your new card will be valid until end of Feb 2021
Old Aug 22, 2019, 11:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
This was a Jazz flight, so maybe I just wasn't aware of the rule. Probably not worth pursuing for 25 miles
Yeah, they don't have a way of entering it or swiping it on the machine. Only mainline flights, unfortunately.

I could earn hundreds more miles during EYW if Jazz purchases counted

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.