Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Excessive number of cancellations for AC Jazz flights within Ontario

Excessive number of cancellations for AC Jazz flights within Ontario

Old Aug 21, 2019, 4:20 pm

Programs: TK*S, SPG Gold
I should add, in my experience, people who grow up in YGK generally forget the airport even exists.
lallied and marke190 like this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 4:21 pm

Programs: TK*S, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
This is the same reason I connect in YYZ 90% of the time and YUL 10% ... too many YOW-YUL flights are on DH1/3/4s and you've got a) mechanical issues with the ageing DH1/3s and b) small planes being the first ones to be cut when there are slot restrictions due to IRROPS (well, and c) better frequency YOW-YYZ, which is not really relevant to this discussion). As a percentage of flights, YOW-YUL is cancelled way more often than YOW-YYZ, which is all E190/A320/767.

I'm typing this on the train from YUL to YOW, FWIW ;-)
I have a flight coming up YOW-YUL with a 40 minute connection to an Asia-bound flight. Regretting booking it a bit. Should have went through YYZ.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by jcamp028
I have a flight coming up YOW-YUL with a 40 minute connection to an Asia-bound flight. Regretting booking it a bit. Should have went through YYZ.
Slightly off-topic, but I always avoid YUL whenever possible. Especially in the winter, it is the worst airport for delays/cancellations. YYZ is always the best bet!
Old Aug 21, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
Originally Posted by codfather
Slightly off-topic, but I always avoid YUL whenever possible. Especially in the winter, it is the worst airport for delays/cancellations. YYZ is always the best bet!
YYZ certainly isn't immune to its fair share of ground stops/ snow storms/ general woes! I can attest, however, that the ground staff are generally friendlier at YYZ, especially if you don't speak French.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 7:40 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by jcamp028
I am also YOW-based and I would never cut it that close for a YUL connection. There aren't enough frequencies YOW-YUL. Take one flight earlier (standby for earlier since you are already booked) and then enjoy the very good YUL Intl MLL. By getting there earlier, you might even get a seat!
--
13F
Old Aug 22, 2019, 5:18 am

2 of my last 3 weekly YXU to YYZ flights cancelled due to mechanical.
First was cancelled 5 hours after returning to the gate then followed by a series of missed rolling reboarding times. Still waiting for the flight pass credit to reappear in my wallet. Did get an apology email with 25% off coupon # without asking.
This past Monday's 6 am 8640 was cancelled @ 9pm Sunday night
Old Aug 22, 2019, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ew/oQ
2 of my last 3 weekly YXU to YYZ flights cancelled due to mechanical.
First was cancelled 5 hours after returning to the gate then followed by a series of missed rolling reboarding times. Still waiting for the flight pass credit to reappear in my wallet. Did get an apology email with 25% off coupon # without asking.
This past Monday's 6 am 8640 was cancelled @ 9pm Sunday night
Brutal! I assume it has to be mechanical issues with the older Dash 8s.

Still seems odd though, as back home this almost never happens. PAL Airlines in Newfoundland has a huge fleet of (older) DH1s and DH3s, and they are a six-time winner of Bombardier's On-Time Performance Award for NA. Jazz (or AC) needs to get this figured out!
Old Aug 22, 2019, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Plenty of YYZ/YSB or YSB/YYZ cancellations lately. Recently 3 cancellations and one delay in a single day.
This route has also gone from 5 to 8 round trips a day which may indicate volumes may be off.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by acysb87
Plenty of YYZ/YSB or YSB/YYZ cancellations lately. Recently 3 cancellations and one delay in a single day.
This route has also gone from 5 to 8 round trips a day which may indicate volumes may be off.
Sarnia flights have also been dropped down to only two flights per day! It doesn't seem like AC is too concerned about on-time performance on this route...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.