Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

YYC Fall Do - 4th Annual Burgers & Scotch Evening - September 28, 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 16, 2019, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 24left
Calgary Fall AC FT Do - 4th Annual Burgers & Scotch Evening

Date: Saturday, September 28, 2019
Boarding Time: 18:00
Reservation is under Adam Smith; we'll be in the private room (after entering the restaurant, turn right and walk directly through the bar)

Current Availability
J4 C4 D4 Z4 P4 O0 E0 N0 R0 I0 Y0 B0 M0 U0 H0 Q0 V0 W0 G0 S0 T0 L0 A0 K0 X0
​​​​​This is a Signature Class event, limited to J, C, D, Z, and P booking classes.

Confirmed pax
Adam Smith +1
canadiancow
canadiancalf
American Bovine
King Chung Huang
folkart
YYC3722 +1
Isotopist +1
Steven767
Lespoir
PhilElite
yyznomad +3 (yes, three)
Santander
Arvindhraman
D582
douglasr
BlondeBomber (upgraded!)
SteadyAT (finally committed)
24left

Signed up for EF alerts on Do availability, but not yet committed to the Do
SearsTower
mountainboy

Only come to Dos with T-shirts / don't like burgers or Scotch / committed to eating burgers and drinking Scotch elsewhere that night
Bohemian1
Jimmie Jet
gcashin
​​​​​nomadic.relief
WaytoomuchEurope
meltedmarshmellow
jasdou
YYC traveler
expert7700
zone1boarding
11yearoldsuperelite
Argonaut1000
rehoult
ScGhost0

Important Event Notes - FAQ

• Wasn't this in December last year?
    Yes, but in previous years it was in September, which, let's be honest is much more "fall" than early December, despite what the idiot who hosts this thing wrote last year.
  • Will the YYC Fall Do offer superior dining and beverage service?
    Yes. The restaurant has a very long whisky list and the best burgers in town. You can savour a sit-down meal from the ŕ la carte menu crafted for the Do.
  • What if I like hockey puck beef?
    Then you're a weirdo, but I guess you can ask them to do it.

Important Event Notes (real ones this time!)

• The burger and Scotch theme is purely optional. Those are the specialties of the restaurant, but you're free to have a salad and a diet Coke Zero, fish and white wine or whatever floats your boat.
  • [UPDATED 26/9]: We will have access to a few of the restaurant's recent Whisky Wednesday tasting menus which offer a flight of 3-4 whiskies at a reduced price. For past Do attendees, this is the same as previous years.
  • The Do host has not achieved Dorian's level of wealth and generosity. No T-shirts or other swag will be provided. Unless yyznomad shows up with some of his headphones and other goodies.
Print Wikipost

YYC Fall Do - 4th Annual Burgers & Scotch Evening - September 28, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2019, 1:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
If there are going to be multiple flights I don't think there will be much of a spot issue.

There's just a very good chance I'll have a +1, and a reasonable chance of a +2, and I can't leave them in Calgary while I go flying around. Or I could, but I don't think I'd have friends after.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: AC S100K, HH Silver
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Question: will I get trumped by those bloody SEMMs on THIS list too?!
Or a ZED passenger whose kids are "tired"?
Old Aug 16, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: AC SE
I was just about to add my name to the list, but then I realized I've got tix to see Elton John in YEG that evening. Too bad I can't make it, as it seems like I've been out of town for this event for the past few years.

If there end up being multiple flights in the Piper and any of them are in the morning, I'd love the chance, but I'll need to head up to YEG by mid-afternoon, so I'd expect I'll miss most of the festivities.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by gcashin
If there end up being multiple flights in the Piper and any of them are in the morning, I'd love the chance, but I'll need to head up to YEG by mid-afternoon, so I'd expect I'll miss most of the festivities.
If need be, we could arrange another day (in addition) to go flying. The aircraft is hangared in CYBW all year round so there's nothing really (other than availability, maintenance and weather) to preclude us going flying anytime.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC .995 MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Crap! I'll either be attending the Anne of Green Gables Ballet (yes, it is a real production) or an ND football game!
@adamsmith how was the Cape Breton scotch single-malt? I have not seen your review....

Last edited by Yhztraveller; Aug 17, 2019 at 9:12 am Reason: The "Scotch" police made me!
Old Aug 16, 2019, 3:54 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
I'd go on the standby list for the flight from YBW!

Last edited by SearsTower; Aug 16, 2019 at 5:20 pm
Old Aug 16, 2019, 4:01 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by SearsTower
I'd go on the standby list for the flight from YWB!
As would I!

I think this is one Do I might be able to make, but I'll have to see how prepared I feel for the exams I have the following week...
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 4:30 pm

Ummm you folks will be flying a might bit east for that ... not sure there'd be a plane/pilot waiting either. YBW ... not YWB
douglasr likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 4:31 pm

I will waitlist myself ... I am scheduled to work Sept 23-Oct 4 in 100 Mile House and think it's likely I'll be working the weekend ... but if not, I'm in!!
canadiancow and Adam Smith like this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 4:37 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
I'm in

I plan on attending barring last minute travel. I'm back a few days earlier from Bangkok.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 6:33 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by folkart
I plan on attending barring last minute travel. I'm back a few days earlier from Bangkok.
^ I've taken the liberty of adding your name to the wiki.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:41 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
I may be travelling SFO-YYZ that day, so will try to route through YYC if I can (with red-eye to YYZ)
Old Aug 16, 2019, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
Originally Posted by douglasr
I think I'll be in town (I have a trip to LAX trip in that time frame but can move it around) and would be keen to attend. More importantly, and I mentioned this to CanadianCow already, I have a Piper Cherokee Six aircraft hangared at CYBW that can take up to 5 other people (depending on weight) around the Rockies for a fun local tour, weather permitting.
260 or 300

if I was in town I would take some of your overflow in my 414A, but I am in MEL
Old Aug 17, 2019, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by Jimmie Jet
260 or 300
if I was in town I would take some of your overflow in my 414A, but I am in MEL
Both. It started out as a 300 (which is what TCCA knows it as) but now has a 260. You've probably seen QYH around.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 9:48 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
For the last YYC Fall DO, we had to lookup the technical end date of fall. I seem to remember snow!

For this year's YYC Fall DO, I had to lookup the technical start date of fall!

I suspect this year could mean shorts and t-shirts, without jacket needed and without snow tires on the rental car.

Adding ourselves to the Wiki as hopeful attendees.

Provided, of course, that we can work things out so that YYC is a night stop for EYW

Last edited by expert7700; Aug 17, 2019 at 9:56 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.