Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Questions: mixed cabin and overnight layover

Old Aug 14, 19, 7:15 am
Original Poster

hello I have a couple of questions:

1) YOW-YYZ-SJO
-this is an Aeroplan reward ticket. YOW-YYZ is Y class; YYZ-SJO is in J (I use the J loosely as itís oremium rouge)

from what I understand, we are able to go standby on business for our first leg (yow-yyz) and if there are seats available, we will be upgraded.

q: what if space opens up in J prior to departure date? If I call Aeroplan will they allow us to move to J without any fees?

q: since first leg is Y, but second leg is J, do we still get benefits when checking in at YOW (increased luggage amount, lounge access in YOW, able to use priority check in at YOW etc )

q: my wife is vegetarian but eats eggs. Is it worth ordering the lacto-OVO veggie meal for the YYZ-SJO leg or is there always a veggie option available?

2) LIR-YUL-YOW
-over night connection in YUL.

q: I would like my luggage when we arrive in YUL as we are staying at a hotel nearby. Do we pick up our luggage in YUL or is it stored there overnight?

thanks in advance!!
Old Aug 14, 19, 7:41 am

Programs: AC SE*100K
There is a thread around here if you search, that @canadiancow started, about getting your Y legs upgraded to J on AE J redemptions.

Your AE ticket should provide the luggage rules. You might be able to use priority check-in (access to it not exactly enforced at YOW) but I am pretty sure that without a J boarding pass departing YOW (or without AC / *G status) the agent is not letting you in to the lounge. The YOW lounge is not exactly something to write home about, but given the construction in the terminal right now for "YOW 2.0" it is pretty handy because there is not much else open. If you get upgraded and get a J BP you should get in.

Your luggage will be delivered at YUL for an overnight, you can check it again in the morning for your flight to YOW. You can confirm this when you check in for your return flight, but in my (limited, I almost never check luggage) experience it will be done that way.
WGretzky likes this.
Old Aug 14, 19, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW View Post
There is a thread around here if you search, that @canadiancow started, about getting your Y legs upgraded to J on AE J redemptions.

Your AE ticket should provide the luggage rules. You might be able to use priority check-in (access to it not exactly enforced at YOW) but I am pretty sure that without a J boarding pass departing YOW (or without AC / *G status) the agent is not letting you in to the lounge. The YOW lounge is not exactly something to write home about, but given the construction in the terminal right now for "YOW 2.0" it is pretty handy because there is not much else open. If you get upgraded and get a J BP you should get in.

Your luggage will be delivered at YUL for an overnight, you can check it again in the morning for your flight to YOW. You can confirm this when you check in for your return flight, but in my (limited, I almost never check luggage) experience it will be done that way.
thanks
Old Aug 14, 19, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K, Accor Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
You'll want to follow the instructions in Getting upgraded on mixed cabin Aeroplan redemptions
WGretzky likes this.

Search this Thread