Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC 15% off Economy worldwide one-day only 13Aug19

Old Aug 13, 19, 8:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan & Manufactured Spending
Original Poster

While I know nobody here flies economy I thought I'd share this deal as it's a very good one for those that do fly in the back.

https://www.aircanada.com/en-ca/worl...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

End of Summer Sale – Today Only
Stay in a summer state of mind all year long with great savings on destinations worldwide for travel between now and into the next year. Plan ahead and save today! PROMOTION

15% off Economy Class base fares
10% off Premium Economy & Business Class base fares
Learn more about this offer.

DATES

August 13 – December 17, 2019, January 7 – April 8, 2020, April 14 – June 15, 2020

Book by: August 13, 2019
Promo Code: DR8NHGN1
Old Aug 13, 19, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by tcook052 View Post
While I know nobody here flies economy I thought I'd share this deal as it's a very good one for those that do fly in the back.

https://www.aircanada.com/en-ca/worl...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

End of Summer Sale Today Only
Stay in a summer state of mind all year long with great savings on destinations worldwide for travel between now and into the next year. Plan ahead and save today! PROMOTION

15% off Economy Class base fares
10% off Premium Economy & Business Class base fares
Learn more about this offer.

DATES

August 13 December 17, 2019, January 7 April 8, 2020, April 14 June 15, 2020

Book by: August 13, 2019
Promo Code: DR8NHGN1
The only problem is that flights I was pricing out yesterday have mysteriously gone up by 15% overnight 😄
Old Aug 13, 19, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K, Accor Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
I need one of these sales when EYW starts.

​​​​​​
Old Aug 13, 19, 10:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lallied View Post
The only problem is that flights I was pricing out yesterday have mysteriously gone up by 15% overnight 😄

Same here.
The YYC-YYZ one-way I was checking yesterday was $252.
Today the same flight is $306 and $269 with the discount applied.

Another one: YYC-LHR round trip, yesterday $803.
Today $829, $795 with coupon. At least a small discount on this one.

Symmetre and Antonio8069 like this.

Last edited by leoo; Aug 13, 19 at 10:21 am Reason: add google flights screenshot
Old Aug 13, 19, 10:39 am

Programs: AC SE
No kidding.

Appears most discount-P fares to Europe were zero'd out or disabled yesterday afternoon, leaving mostly restricted P and Z availability. Those fares obviously price much higher -- even with the 15% coupon the prices are substantially higher than yesterday. Obviously the coupon introduces other restrictions which reduce the routing / combinability choices, which also contributes to higher prices.

Competitive fares on other *A also disappeared overnight. Hopefully the fares all come back in 24-48 hours.

I haven't seen a useful coupon day in years, but I suspect many people are fooled, because AC keeps doing the same thing.
Old Aug 13, 19, 11:13 am

Programs: AC E50K, Flying Blue, Accor Gold, ANA, Avios
Originally Posted by mountainboy View Post
I haven't seen a useful coupon day in years, but I suspect many people are fooled, because AC keeps doing the same thing.
Some of the Boxing day coupons seem OK, but I agree this one is not so great. Route I wanted in PE to Asia required a YYZ-YVR connecting flight..but instead of PE all the way they are sticking you in Y for the domestic portion....Not going to do that.
Old Aug 13, 19, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by tcook052 View Post
Or for booking latitude My combination PR and Lat to Europe in May saw a very significant and real discount. I actually didn't think it would work as a multi-city but it did.
Old Aug 13, 19, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by mapleg View Post
Some of the Boxing day coupons seem OK, but I agree this one is not so great. Route I wanted in PE to Asia required a YYZ-YVR connecting flight..but instead of PE all the way they are sticking you in Y for the domestic portion....Not going to do that.
Is that on a wide body for the domestic leg? If it's narrow body then it's only 1 credit, if I'm not mistaken, to upgrade to business class at booking. I looked at a few fares as well and didn't see anything that was better than what I'd been sleuthing out last week...
Old Aug 13, 19, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K, Accor Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by arf04 View Post
Is that on a wide body for the domestic leg? If it's narrow body then it's only 1 credit, if I'm not mistaken, to upgrade to business class at booking. I looked at a few fares as well and didn't see anything that was better than what I'd been sleuthing out last week...
I think YYZ-YVR is 2, but still... cheap.
Old Aug 13, 19, 5:02 pm

Programs: AC Altitude E50K (*G), NEXUS
I saw this and made a booking today but this is the first I have seen of a promo code.
I may need to cancel and rebook.

EDIT - I just did initiate a booking and when I pasted that code (above), it asked me for IATA travel agent login. The AC website details about the promotion do not say any code is required. So _()_/

screen shot of promo

And, oh, I tried it again and the code worked. _()_/ _()_/

Last edited by flyquiet; Aug 13, 19 at 5:20 pm Reason: add edit comment & screen shot
Old Aug 13, 19, 5:09 pm

Programs: AC E75K
I did cancel a Flex Flight Pass booking to Europe that I had made earlier in the day when I saw that I could get a very reasonable PY fare for the outbound combined with decent Flex fare for the return using this promo code.
tcook052 likes this.
Old Aug 13, 19, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by jasdou View Post
I did cancel a Flex Flight Pass booking to Europe that I had made earlier in the day when I saw that I could get a very reasonable PY fare for the outbound combined with decent Flex fare for the return using this promo code.
I did book a route that was quite expensive before (CDG) but another one I was eyeing out went up by 300$ even with discount. In 12 hours.
Old Aug 13, 19, 5:29 pm

Programs: AC Altitude E50K (*G), NEXUS
Thanks you guys. You saved other peoples' money almost $200 and my travel companion also.
The weird thing is when I priced it on the Matrix before booking, I saw the 15% lower price, to the dollar, and could not figure out why it was pricing higher than that but I trusted AC's "lowest fare guarantee".
Old Aug 13, 19, 8:31 pm

Programs: TK E+, DL, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by mapleg View Post
Almost pulled the trigger for their YYZ-YVR-TPE with stopovers in YVR both direction for $1350USD but decided to hold off. Yesterday, 8/12, I saw the same ticket priced 15% lower and it seems like the same price with 15% discount today.
Old Aug 13, 19, 10:07 pm

Programs: AC50 MM

If you have documentation of this would you be willing to make a complaint to the competition bureau?

Search this Thread