Wiki Posts
Search

MUC-YVR op-up or SAUA potential

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2019, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Altitude E50
MUC-YVR op-up or SAUA potential

Due to schedule change I was able to turn a mid-Sept AC codeshare with OS (SJJ-VIE-YUL-YEG standard L) into a full Y itinerary booked to LH flight number (SJJ-MUC-YVR-YEG). Thanks to the FT community for emphasizing the HUCA advice when on the phone with AC.

Since I'm booked in full Y with LH, I first thought I might finally get to use a Y -> J Star Alliance Upgrade Award on the MUC-YVR leg (LH476 / AC9433). Sadly no I space yet but I'll keep looking. Then I noticed that the loads at T-1month might be looking OK for an opup:
J9 C9 D9 Z9 P9 G9 E0 N0 Y9 B9 M0 U0 H0 Q0 V0 W0 S0 T0 L0 K0

Can anyone chime in on the likelihood of (1) I space on this route for a SAUA, and (2) any experience with opups on this route? I'm *G through 50K Altitude - pretty low on the totem pole from an AC perspective, but possibly this doesn't matter from LH's point of view.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 5:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I've found LH to open premium cabin space closer to departure, so I'd definitely keep checking for I space.

Opups will go to their own members first, and I'm not sure whether they'd prioritize PY over Y, but being *G in full Y will certainly put you in a good situation, but only if they overbooked in Y.
canopus27 likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 5:56 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I've found LH to open premium cabin space closer to departure, so I'd definitely keep checking for I space.
This. LH frequently seem to open up reward space about 2 weeks prior to the flight (depending on availability, of course) so it's definitely worth watching.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 6:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Though this question really belongs in the LH forum.
canopus27 and Adam Smith like this.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Altitude E50
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Though this question really belongs in the LH forum.
Fair enough - though I'm hoping to hear from non-LH-program frequent flyers re: their op-up experiences. Thanks for the insights so far.
As an off-topic aside, it really was remarkable how a flight change (due to rescheduling) that was impossible with one agent was no sweat for the agent who took my call the next day.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 6:29 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Originally Posted by DrDogger
As an off-topic aside, it really was remarkable how a flight change (due to rescheduling) that was impossible with one agent was no sweat for the agent who took my call the next day.
Yes, that is called training. It teaches your employees what is and is not allowed under the company policy. This seems to not exist with Air Canada.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.