Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC 1868 changes Itinerary from December 26 to December 25

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2019, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan Elite for life; Fairmont Platinum; Delta Platinum Plus

I have just discovered in my Junk folder a change of itinerary for AC 1868 to SVD from December 26 (Boxing Day) to December 25. This flight is for my 20 something children. So now I have two issues. The first is to find them accommodation and the second family issue of flying on Christmas day.

Any suggestions from the group would be appreciated.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: AC 75K
Look like the SVD flight operates on Wednesdays and Sundays. If flying on Christmas Day doesn't work can you move the vacation out to take the Sunday flight?

Flights to SVD are limited with most major airlines only offering 1-2 flights/week. The fastest option I can find is via BGI on the 26th connecting to LIAT to SVD. You could try to see if AC would put you on that option. Otherwise you're only other option is to get a refund and find another option yourself.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan Elite for life; Fairmont Platinum; Delta Platinum Plus
For the last year and when I booked the flight the flights were Thursdays and Sundays. The schedule changed after I booked the tickets.

Normally a switch to day earlier would not be such a big deal but on Christmas and then accommodation is a big issue.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 8:54 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Before calling, you have two options and ought to carefully research them. The auto rebook you received is simply a means of assuring that you are holding something.

1. You may cancel for a full refund and then book whatever you want.
2. You may ask AC to reroute you. No guarantees that it will do so, but you should be prepared with your preferred reroutes in hand as there is no guarantee that what works when you call will work an hour later.

If you do have expenses, check your travel insurance. It is not likely to cover anything this far out, but some policies do.
Adam Smith likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.