Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

SE nominee is non-altitude member; upgrade windown latitude fares

Old Aug 11, 2019, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum

The first question is: if a non-altitude member is a SE nominee - and such customer buys a latitude or flexible PE fare, what is the temporal window for that customer to upgrade - at time of booking, or within 7 days of flight departure?

If a non-altitude or altitude customer buys a PE (lowest) economy fare, and at least one segment is in a 2 cabin plane, presumably that person will get an economy seat. What is the upgrade window for the non-altitude or altitude member? Someone told me that a PE (non-flexible/lowest) economy fare ticket is counted like a latitude fare on a 2 cabin plane

Last edited by FlyerGoldII; Aug 11, 2019 at 7:50 am
Old Aug 11, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Why not just check the calculator that's online? There's an option for "None" under Air Canada Altitude status.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by bawm
Why not just check the calculator that's online? There's an option for "None" under Air Canada Altitude status.
Good Idea - it stated 7 days for the answer to the first question.
But one can argue that the calculator does not resolve one question:

does the question about the altitude status of the member refer to that of the person requesting the upgrade (which is what my friend is stating) or of the passenger who is flying and for whom the upgrade is being requested (that is my position).

The calculator would no be able to answer the second question.

Last edited by FlyerGoldII; Aug 11, 2019 at 8:10 am
Old Aug 11, 2019, 8:53 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
The upgrade window for FLEX was SE(and not the nominee threshold). Would suspect Latitude would work the same way?

You can always book and cancel on 24 hour if it doesn't work out, latitude should be anytime upgrade confirmation.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
The upgrade window for FLEX was SE(and not the nominee threshold). Would suspect Latitude would work the same way?

You can always book and cancel on 24 hour if it doesn't work out, latitude should be anytime upgrade confirmation.

But then the 7 day window - which is associated with a non-altitude member - for latitude fares - for whom does it work?
Old Aug 11, 2019, 11:42 am

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
Good Idea - it stated 7 days for the answer to the first question.
But one can argue that the calculator does not resolve one question:

does the question about the altitude status of the member refer to that of the person requesting the upgrade (which is what my friend is stating) or of the passenger who is flying and for whom the upgrade is being requested (that is my position).

The calculator would no be able to answer the second question.
Oh I see. It would be by the requester’s status.

bawm
Old Aug 11, 2019, 12:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
But then the 7 day window - which is associated with a non-altitude member - for latitude fares - for whom does it work?
I can think of two ways to have eUps but no status. It's uncommon, but possible.

As was mentioned, the windows/co-pays/etc. are determined by the status of the person requesting the upgrade.
Jumper Jack likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.