FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   AC Named Favorite Airline in North America at the 2019 The Trazees Awards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1982054-ac-named-favorite-airline-north-america-2019-trazees-awards.html)

tcook052 Aug 7, 2019 4:03 pm

AC Named Favorite Airline in North America at the 2019 The Trazees Awards

https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...833618230.html

MONTREAL, Aug. 7, 2019 /CNW Telbec/ - Air Canada was named Favorite Airline in North America in a survey of global millennial travelers at the 2019 The Trazees awards, an international award that recognizes the best in travel across a broad range of categories by the readers of the popular travel web publication, trazeetravel.com.

"We are honoured to receive this important recognition from millennial travelers around the world, the fastest growing travel demographic," said Andrew Yiu, Vice President of Product at Air Canada. "This award solidifies Air Canada as ahead of the curve when it comes to capturing this growing market and as a global leading carrier focused on a superior product offering and excellent customer service. It also complements our award of Best Airline in North America for a Third Straight Year at the recent 2019 Skytrax World Airline Awards."

At a ceremony for The Trazees in Chicago, Air Canada was presented the award. Trazee Travel is a web publication aimed at travelers aged 25–40 and part of the FXExpress Publications, Inc. family of publications, which includes Global Traveler and whereverfamily.com. Reader votes for the best in travel across a range of categories were collected December 2018–March 2019.

Bohemian1 Aug 7, 2019 4:51 pm

The Trazees - is that like the Razzies?

WaytoomuchEurope Aug 7, 2019 4:52 pm

Nothing says "we're the best" like company's paid handsomely to say so!

secretalcoholic Aug 7, 2019 5:59 pm

Definitely not my favorite considering my flight has just been delayed like 4 times already...despite all the talk about UA treating customers like crap they've actually been the best to me.

Mikey Mike Mike Aug 7, 2019 6:02 pm

The best in N America makes me smile!! Outside of the top 10 and best of the worst!

I think regardless of age and generation, the degradation in service, food, densified seating, high prices, knorr packet soups in the club lounge, and the worst on time performance in N America are not really reasons for an accolade like this.

I respect the right for awards to be given by any organisation who think them worthy - if AC are the best - i really dread to think who the worst are. (Yeah-I know about swoop, Flair and others) Given we pay top dollar for AC - I really think they could give more. Change a menu perhaps (same menu to the UK in economy for the last couple of years), same menu to SF in biz for the last year, no IPA to SFO (but you can to YVR) as it's not a premium Biz route!

I thought BA as my national carrier was bad until I started to use AC. (yes I can go back to the UK) but I really feel that my new "home" carrier could do SO much better with a little effort and a few dollars. (unless the shareholders and the CEO really are the point of their whole existence as the national flag carrier)

rankourabu Aug 7, 2019 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by Mikey Mike Mike (Post 31391849)
(same menu to the UK in economy for the last couple of years)

They bought several truckloads of non-expiry banana bread in 2010. Do not expect change until 2030.

swonder Aug 7, 2019 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu (Post 31391884)
They bought several truckloads of non-expiry banana bread in 2010. Do not expect change until 2030.

"Spicy bread? Sir, spicy bread?"

eigenvector Aug 7, 2019 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu (Post 31391884)

On behalf of Big Banana, I vehemently object to any suggestion that AC "spice loaf" contains actual bananas.

Stranger Aug 7, 2019 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by eigenvector (Post 31391959)

On behalf of Big Banana, I vehemently object to any suggestion that AC "spice loaf" contains actual bananas.

You guys members of the monkey tribe? I mean, aren't bananas designed for monkeys? But seriously, I do believe AC would qualify for a "least bad in NA" award. Particularly in J. So is AC the favorite banana monkey airline?

Davvidd Aug 7, 2019 8:53 pm

Good Lord. Are the US based airlines so terrible that AC is being voted the best airline in North America?

canadiancow Aug 7, 2019 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by dav662 (Post 31392218)
Good Lord. Are the US based airlines so terrible that AC is being voted the best airline in North America?

Usually I'd say something like until the answer to "do I get a meal on a 3 hour flight in J" is "yes", then yes, AC is better.

But now I'm not so sure :p

tcook052 Aug 7, 2019 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by dav662 (Post 31392218)

Keyword highlighted as this was an award voted upon in a survey of global millennial travelers, a notoriously fickle demographic that every marketer covets. Just saying...

Bohemian1 Aug 7, 2019 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by tcook052 (Post 31392422)
Keyword highlighted as this was an award voted upon in a survey of global millennial travelers, a notoriously fickle demographic that every marketer covets. Just saying...

The clincher must have been the latest edition of AC's edgy but humorous and self-deprecating flight safety videos that all Millennials adore.

Symmetre Aug 8, 2019 10:28 am

Given that this award is given by a publishing concern that survives on advertising revenues, I'm not impressed.