Wiki Posts
Search

YUL MLL Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2019, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Gold
YUL MLL Lounge

I will have a segment from YUL/YYZ/IST next week. Since I realise that YUL has segregated the international and domestic departure, can anyone explain how does it work. Is it still possible to enter to the MLL International lounge whilst travelling from YUL to YYZ onwards to an international destination
Old Aug 6, 2019, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by tobiashenry
I will have a segment from YUL/YYZ/IST next week. Since I realise that YUL has segregated the international and domestic departure, can anyone explain how does it work. Is it still possible to enter to the MLL International lounge whilst travelling from YUL to YYZ onwards to an international destination
Unfortunately you'll only have access to the domestic MLL.

Last edited by Jasper2009; Aug 6, 2019 at 11:23 pm Reason: misread OP
Old Aug 6, 2019, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Yes, absolutely. That's the whole point of the int'l MLL- to offer a lounge for pax travelling to an int'l (non-US) destination.
No, because OP is going to YYZ, a Canadian airport first, meaning that only the domestic MLL is available, of course pending status and class. In YUL international is segregated from domestic by a few doors where the door only opens after your international boarding pass is scanned (at least I think that’s what scanned), so no the international MLL isn’t possible in YUL
Old Aug 6, 2019, 11:19 pm

Programs: AC E50K
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Yes, absolutely. That's the whole point of the int'l MLL- to offer a lounge for pax travelling to an int'l (non-US) destination.
In YYZ that is the case but YUL is now setup the same way as YYZ where domestic and international flights are segregated.

Originally Posted by tobiashenry
Assuming you want to know if you have access to the INTL MLL in YUL? If that is the case you will only have access to the DOM MLL in YUL as to get to the INTL side you need a boarding pass for an international destination from YUL. The National Bank Lounge is close to the INTL MLL but from the YUL website:

Since April 3th 2019, only passengers taking an international flight assigned to gates 50 to 68 in the international zone will be able to access this zone
For YUL-YYZ you will have access to the DOM MLL in YUL.

Nehal
Old Aug 6, 2019, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by ryanpower8

No, because OP is going to YYZ, a Canadian airport first, meaning that only the domestic MLL is available, of course pending status and class. In YUL international is segregated from domestic by a few doors where the door only opens after your international boarding pass is scanned (at least I think that’s what scanned), so no the international MLL isn’t possible in YUL
You're absolutely right. For some stupid reason I read YYZ-YUL-IST. My apologies.

Last edited by Jasper2009; Aug 7, 2019 at 2:01 am
Old Sep 15, 2019, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
YUL Domestic MLL Undergoing Mini Renovations

*Mod(s), please move to the appropriate thread (or create a new one?)

There are so many random YUL Dom MLL threads that I decided to select this more recent one to post in...
And heck, someone might have already posted about this... well, given that this is FT, someone must have already posted about it...

That weird nook area sandwiched/boxed off between the kitchen, hallway to the lavs, the main area, and the business centre, is walled off on all three sides with a sign indicating that there is a renovation taking place.
  1. To be the extension of the kitchen?
  2. To knock out that dividing wall and open it up to the main area (assuming it is not structure)?
  3. Add a children's play area?
  4. Make it, going forward, the official cell phone area?
  5. Extend the business centre?
  6. Add another lav (unisex or "family/baby"?)
  7. Customer service desk (hardy har har)?
  8. Retro video game parlour?
  9. Resting area with lie flat sleeper chairs?
  10. A SHOWER ROOM??????
  11. Muffintop measurement services?
  12. MLL tour services for FOTSGs on an I ticket?
  13. Free French lessons (with a special track for Aviation-only terms) for shameful non-French speaking (more like horrible-French) Canadian citizens such as myself?
  14. De-RCHHMP-ing services
  15. An area for MLL patrons to discuss options for a rail line between downtown Montreal and YUL (hardy har har)?
  16. An area for MLL patrons to discuss with AC why there (annoyingly) are no late YULYYZ flights past 10:00pm on a regular basis?
  17. A permanent Haagen-Dasz section (hardy har har)
  18. Other?
Old Sep 15, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
18. Other. Burn the entire YUL Dom MLL to the ground, find an area about 4x the size and try again.

Seriously, YUL domestic is an embarrassment - this is supposed to be an AC hub airport and their headquarters is across the tarmac. The place is a shambles and is about the size of my closet.
Bohemian1 and Seat13F_AC_CRJ like this.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
18. Other. Burn the entire YUL Dom MLL to the ground, find an area about 4x the size and try again.

Seriously, YUL domestic is an embarrassment - this is supposed to be an AC hub airport and their headquarters is across the tarmac. The place is a shambles and is about the size of my closet.
No no, tell us how you really feel. Don't hold back. 😂😂😂
Old Sep 15, 2019, 10:14 am

Programs: TK*S, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW

Worst part about that lounge is the washroom.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: AC SE-MM
Originally Posted by yyznomad
*Mod(s), please move to the appropriate thread (or create a new one?)

There are so many random YUL Dom MLL threads that I decided to select this more recent one to post in...
And heck, someone might have already posted about this... well, given that this is FT, someone must have already posted about it...

That weird nook area sandwiched/boxed off between the kitchen, hallway to the lavs, the main area, and the business centre, is walled off on all three sides with a sign indicating that there is a renovation taking place.
  1. To be the extension of the kitchen?
  2. To knock out that dividing wall and open it up to the main area (assuming it is not structure)?
  3. Add a children's play area?
  4. Make it, going forward, the official cell phone area?
  5. Extend the business centre?
  6. Add another lav (unisex or "family/baby"?)
  7. Customer service desk (hardy har har)?
  8. Retro video game parlour?
  9. Resting area with lie flat sleeper chairs?
  10. A SHOWER ROOM??????
  11. Muffintop measurement services?
  12. MLL tour services for FOTSGs on an I ticket?
  13. Free French lessons (with a special track for Aviation-only terms) for shameful non-French speaking (more like horrible-French) Canadian citizens such as myself?
  14. De-RCHHMP-ing services
  15. An area for MLL patrons to discuss options for a rail line between downtown Montreal and YUL (hardy har har)?
  16. An area for MLL patrons to discuss with AC why there (annoyingly) are no late YULYYZ flights past 10:00pm on a regular basis?
  17. A permanent Haagen-Dasz section (hardy har har)
  18. Other?
Rumor has it, that the construction is to create a new Buffet area closer to the kitchen. Once that is complete they will create a new Business area in the back corner where the current Buffet area is now.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 5:06 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle

This lounge sucks

No Haagen-Dazs
No wifi (can't download Netflix episodes for my flight)
Bad beer (Canadian and Coors Light... come on)

Seriously it's a joke of a MLL
Old Sep 15, 2019, 5:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Have you gone through the sign-in page? That's what Android will show until you've made it through the captive portal.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 5:15 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Have you gone through the sign-in page? That's what Android will show until you've made it through the captive portal.
Yes yes

They had issues all day. Rebooted their router again but not working. One girl says she has been on phone for 3h.

Maybe not 100%AC fault but still very bad experience. At work we have redundant ISPs to always have service

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.