A319 12F vs 17F

Old Aug 5, 19, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Elite Gold
A319 12F vs 17F

I'm taking a red eye LAX-YUL and will bite the bullet and pay $60USD for an assigned seat. Would you choose 12F which is near the front and you can put your bag under the business seat in front of it (I believe), but has width reduction or go with 17F with no seat in front of it but looks cramped and has width reduction? I don't think this is a rouge flight. The minimum upgrade bid is $580CDN which is way more than I'd be willing to spend. Thanks!
Old Aug 5, 19, 7:03 pm

Programs: AC E75
I tend to avoid both because of the narrow seat...IMO not much of a difference - can't remember if the tv is mounted for 12F, I think it is, that would probably make me choose it over the extra legroom.
Old Aug 5, 19, 7:47 pm

Programs: AC SE*100K
Originally Posted by YZF_Elite View Post
I tend to avoid both because of the narrow seat...IMO not much of a difference - can't remember if the tv is mounted for 12F, I think it is, that would probably make me choose it over the extra legroom.
On the mainline A319/A320 the TV is mounted on the J seat for A/C/D/F and in the armrest for B and E.

I'd go with 12F.
Old Aug 5, 19, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Thank you. For bonus points, the flight back is an A330. The minimum bid for PE is $280CDN. It doesn't look like a product worthy of the charge, but it must be that price for a reason. Thoughts on the product?
Old Aug 5, 19, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K, Accor Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by greg0ire View Post
Thank you. For bonus points, the flight back is an A330. The minimum bid for PE is $280CDN. It doesn't look like a product worthy of the charge, but it must be that price for a reason. Thoughts on the product?
The Premium Economy seat is roughly equivalent to narrow-body business class.
Old Aug 5, 19, 8:19 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Elite/Ambassador. NEXUS, National
19F on a mainline 319 isn't a prefered seat. If the seat map is saying it is, its busted (all bets are off) or its been Rouged. Mainline 319 row 16 is the exit row. At least according to the fleet page.

I believe that the Rouge 32x's all have unusually cramped "bulkhead" seating, with black boxes under the last row of ~J seats, leaving near no storage or leg room. Forsure the chair legs are in your way. I tend always for the row behind the bulkhead row, mainline or Rouge.

I've been in a Rouge 319 19F (I lie, actually in 19A). Yes, it is reduced width with a tray table in one armrest. At 6'2, 205# I was relatively happy in it, preferring the infinite legroom over width. Also, having two options to get to the aisle is handy, especially on the 0005 MEX-YYZ flight.
Old Aug 5, 19, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

Thank you. I think you misread the 19F part
Old Aug 6, 19, 11:16 am

Programs: AC*E50 (*A Gold), Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by greg0ire View Post
On a flight of that length, Id definitely try to get into PY. If you have an ExpertFlyer subscription, maybe have a quick look at the loads before submitting a bid request. I flew that route a couple of months ago and the last-minute upgrade to PY was around $140 CAD, but the cabin was empty... I think it went out with 4 or 5 pax.
Old Aug 6, 19, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ffsim View Post
On a flight of that length, Id definitely try to get into PY. If you have an ExpertFlyer subscription, maybe have a quick look at the loads before submitting a bid request. I flew that route a couple of months ago and the last-minute upgrade to PY was around $140 CAD, but the cabin was empty... I think it went out with 4 or 5 pax.
I don't however I appreciate the insight

Search this Thread