Wiki Posts
Search

HKG disruptions August 2019

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2019, 3:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE100K, AC*MM, Marriott Platinum Elite
HKG disruptions August 2019

There’s a day of strike action in HKG today, related to the ongoing protests.

AC has posted an advisory and is waiving change fees for today only.

I’m flying YYZ-HKG-SIN next Saturday/Sunday (on AC then SQ), and starting to think that perhaps I should reroute via Japan since the situation in HKG continues to be tense. The labor action seems to be described as a single day thing, but the overall tone is not improving.

Sound wise to reroute? And I guess any change fees will be my responsibility since AC hasn’t extended its rebooking policy.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 9:38 am

The airport disruptions were only for today with ATC workers collectively calling sick leave.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by sweden05
There’s a day of strike action in HKG today, related to the ongoing protests.

AC has posted an advisory and is waiving change fees for today only.

I’m flying YYZ-HKG-SIN next Saturday/Sunday (on AC then SQ), and starting to think that perhaps I should reroute via Japan since the situation in HKG continues to be tense. The labor action seems to be described as a single day thing, but the overall tone is not improving.

Sound wise to reroute? And I guess any change fees will be my responsibility since AC hasn’t extended its rebooking policy.
Yes, I would change the flight via S. Korea, Taiwan or Japan if I were you.
You really don't know what may be the case next weekend.

https://www.cnn.com/asia/live-news/h...hnk/index.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.