Dual Boarding (?)

Old Aug 2, 19, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Admirals Club (via CC)
STT does this. I love it. Especially when it is time to get off.
Old Aug 2, 19, 2:42 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lcohen999 View Post
Spending time as I do in Australia, both VA and QF load from both the front and back of the aircraft

Obviously anecdotal but it seems to be a faster way to board and de-board the aircraft.

Any particular reason that does not happen up here with AC, or this is ever discussed ?

Thoughts ?
VA and QF do a lot more in Australia - meals, wifi, checked bags.. included on domestic flights.

Ron.
Old Aug 2, 19, 2:44 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Doesnít YVR have a few dual boarding gates? I am fairly certain at least WS does but I feel like Iíve used them with AC too where they split economy and others
Old Aug 2, 19, 3:09 pm

Programs: QF gold-> platinum
Hold on, I fly with QF a lot (QFF plat) and I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of flights they have boarded from front and rear in the last year (JQ 80% of the time, QF pretty rare)- what routes are you seeing this on?!
Old Aug 2, 19, 3:48 pm

Programs: none
I did dual boarding on Swoop last week in YHM. Ramp at the front, stairs at the back. We all used a single jetbridge to de-board at YHZ.
Old Aug 2, 19, 9:02 pm
5mm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lcohen999 View Post
AKL domestic has dual boarding from the bridge. Make a right, down the stairs out and to the back. Although I agree I see it less there than on QF/VA which is every (domestic) flight
WS used to bridge load front and back at YVR. I donít know why they stopped.

Search this Thread