Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Lounge Access in YUL on mixed Y/J United/AC award ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2019, 7:23 pm
formerly smoaky
Original Poster

Flying EWR-YUL-YVR-SYD. Booked via United as a Business Saver. EWR-YUL is in business; YUL-YVR is in economy; YVR-SYD is in business. All flights are Air Canada. My question: what, if any, Air Canada lounges will I be able to access in YUL? I have a 4+ hour layover there looks like. (Whatever it takes to get across the Pacific in J...)
Old Jul 26, 2019, 7:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Technically none
Old Jul 26, 2019, 8:13 pm
formerly smoaky
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Technically none
Hmmm. I assume at least in Vancouver I get to go to the international Maple Leaf lounge...? Would be nice to take a shower before flying to SYD.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 10:25 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
In YVR you'll have access to the international MLL. You'll also have access to the MLL at EWR. At YUL you'll need status, a credit card perk or pre-purchased access for entry to the domestic MLL
Old Jul 27, 2019, 5:43 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by TechnoTourist
In YVR you'll have access to the international MLL. You'll also have access to the MLL at EWR. At YUL you'll need status, a credit card perk or pre-purchased access for entry to the domestic MLL
And to be frank the domestic MLL at YUL is terrible. I make fun of YYZ domestic a lot but YUL is objectively worse. I'm not sure I'd want to spend 4 hours in there in any case; walk around and have some beer at one of the pubs or something instead.

The intl MLL in YVR is nice, and you can have a shower, and the MLL in EWR is a godsend considering how awful EWR terminal A is ... so you've got MLL access where you need it most anyway :-)
Dolphin2 likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 6:51 am
formerly smoaky
Original Poster

Thanks. Unfortunately looks like we'll be without any lounge access in YUL as I saw the Bank of Canada MasterCard lounge is only for international flights, even if you have priority pass (via Amex Plat)? We shall live, just was napping it out. As you say, we have access to MLL where it counts.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 7:24 am
formerly smoaky
Original Poster

I noticed in the below thread that in YVR the international lounge doesn't have showers but the domestic does? I assume even with our itinerary we will be able to access showers in YVR? Already many hours of flying and airports at that point.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1729211-yvr-international-maple-leaf-lounge.html
Old Jul 27, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by smoaky
I noticed in the below thread that in YVR the international lounge doesn't have showers but the domestic does? I assume even with our itinerary we will be able to access showers in YVR? Already many hours of flying and airports at that point.

YVR international maple leaf lounge
The YVR international lounge does have showers. That thread spans a timeframe from the old lounge to a temporary lounge they had during construction to a new lounge.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by smoaky
Thanks. Unfortunately looks like we'll be without any lounge access in YUL as I saw the Bank of Canada MasterCard lounge is only for international flights, even if you have priority pass (via Amex Plat)? We shall live, just was napping it out. As you say, we have access to MLL where it counts.
Yours is a J ticket and MLL should be accessible regardless of class of travel. I am sure of this if its a 014 issued ticket. United, I have no experience.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 12:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Yours is a J ticket and MLL should be accessible regardless of class of travel. I am sure of this if its a 014 issued ticket. United, I have no experience.
There's no such thing as a "J ticket". You can combine fares and segments onto one ticket, and the presence of one J segment does not affect the others.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 3:13 pm

Programs: ba silver
You MIGHT have access. I once had a UA ticket flying out of YUL via EWR then overseas. The fare basis was Z for the long haul and the short flight was all-economy and I think was put as Y. Anyway the MLL agent looked at my itinerary and gave me access. It' s not official though. If you were flying the other alliances you get access as long as you are connecting to long-haul international AND the flights are operated by a member airline. Also, if you log into " My Trips" on the AC site with the AC locator, not the United one, they might sell you access for the one flight or you can try calling reservations.

One more thing; if this is an award ticket there might not have been able to get business on the one AC flight but were probably charged the same miles for the who trip; why don' t you keep checking to see if business opens up. Since this is ticketed on United stock AC will not be able to do anything about it, even day of departure. You can also ask the UA agent at the airport day of; it' s a long shot but I' ve had experience where an airline let me change to a flight that had avail in business class day of, as long as it was on their flights only. Not a given though.

As the others have said, the YUL domestic MLL is nothing special but a lot better than what the terminal has to offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.