Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Itinerary change help required

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Itinerary change help required

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2019, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Platinum,
Exclamation Itinerary change help required

HI, I need some help and this is my first post on this forum so please be gentle

My mother in law was due to fly Ac042 on the 12th spetember direct from YYZ to DEL. She has now recieved an email she is being rerouted via vanouver with a massive increase in travel time compared to the orifinal flight

Have been on wait to air canada for over 25 minutes so far but am wondering what her rights are with regards to the change eg asking for a different airline , compensation ( here in the uk it would qualify for a substanial payout ) or are we simply stuck with the change

Many Thanks for all help with all your answers in advance
Old Jul 26, 2019, 12:22 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Welcome to the AC forum.

You have the right to request a different flight (on the same day or a new day) or to cancel and get a refund. You may want to decide on what your preferred flight option is (i.e. next day, or YYZ - YVR - DEL etc) before you call and tell the agent what you want.

Normally I have no issue with this and the agent just sees that there has been a schedule change and makes the change I request. In case there is push back, ask to speak to a manager. There is no fee to change the flight here as an involuntary change was done to this itinerary.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wasn't that the result of the Pakistani airspace closure? Which has now been cancelled and the direct flights are on again. Not sure about dates however, but it might be a good idea checking.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 12:36 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Stranger
Wasn't that the result of the Pakistani airspace closure radar replacement? Which has now been cancelled and the direct flights are on again. Not sure about dates however, but it might be a good idea checking.
Fixed that.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 12:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by flyingsingh
HI, I need some help and this is my first post on this forum so please be gentle

My mother in law was due to fly Ac042 on the 12th spetember direct from YYZ to DEL. She has now recieved an email she is being rerouted via vanouver with a massive increase in travel time compared to the orifinal flight

Have been on wait to air canada for over 25 minutes so far but am wondering what her rights are with regards to the change eg asking for a different airline , compensation ( here in the uk it would qualify for a substanial payout ) or are we simply stuck with the change

Many Thanks for all help with all your answers in advance

@flyingsingh

Just a fyi
Originally Posted by tcook052
https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...850864490.html

MONTREAL, July 23, 2019 /CNW Telbec/ - Air Canada announced it will resume its daily, non-stop Toronto-Delhi flights on Oct. 1, 2019 (eastbound) and Oct. 3, 2019 (westbound). All flights are available for purchase now at www.aircanada.com or through Travel Agents.

"We are very pleased to resume our daily, non-stop Toronto-Delhi flights in time for Diwali celebrations, and with additional capacity going forward to meet expected demand. With our Delhi flights returning to normal together with our seasonal return to Mumbai for fall firmly demonstrating our long term commitment to this vibrant market, we look forward to operating our full schedule to India," said Mark Galardo, Vice President, Network Planning at Air Canada.

"The resumption of Air Canada's direct flights is a most welcome development", said Kasi Rao, President & CEO of the Canada-India Business Council. "At a time of increasing commercial activity between Canada and India, Air Canada's direct flights represent a very important element in connecting the business communities in both countries as well as the growing number of tourists, students, families and cargo traffic," said Rao.

The Toronto-Delhi flights will be operated initially with Boeing 787 Dreamliners and beginning Oct. 27, additional capacity will be added to this route with 400-seat Boeing 777-300ER aircraft, featuring Air Canada's award-winning Signature Class, Premium Economy and Economy classes of service.

Air Canada's seasonal Toronto-Mumbai flights will operate four times weekly from Oct. 27, 2019 until March 28, 2020 with Boeing 777-200LR aircraft.

Air Canada will have up to 18 weekly flights conveniently connecting a multitude of cities in North America to Delhi from both Toronto and Vancouver, and to Mumbai from Toronto. All flights feature multilingual crews and offer personal in-flight entertainment including multilingual films at every seat. Customers can also collect and redeem Aeroplan Miles through Canada's leading loyalty program when travelling with Air Canada, and eligible customers have access to priority services, Maple Leaf Lounges and other benefits.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stranger
Wasn't that the result of the Pakistani airspace closure? Which has now been cancelled and the direct flights are on again. Not sure about dates however, but it might be a good idea checking.
no she was on a direct flight but air canada has now dropped the direct flight hence the issue
Old Jul 26, 2019, 12:43 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
no she was on a direct flight but air canada has now dropped the direct flight hence the issue
Well - she cannot fly the direct now since it does not exist. So you need to decide what the best option is for her.

You could also do things like ask for an extended layover in YVR if she wanted to spend the night or see the city.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 12:59 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM
As per up-thread they temporarily dropped the direct flight because they don't have a plane that can fly from YYZ to DEL without going through Pakistan. Now that the airspace is reopened the flights resume in October.

You can ask for a change or refund, but anything else (YYZ-EWR-DEL, YYZ-FRA-DEL, etc.) isn't going to be a whole lot better than YYZ-YVR-DEL.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 8:10 pm

My mother in law was due to fly Ac042 on the 12th spetember direct from YYZ to DEL.

compensation ( here in the uk it would qualify for a substanial payout )
Is this true? I didn’t think compensation was due for EU if schedule change was over 2 weeks away, but I could be mistaken.
anniegray likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 12:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dr_torch
Well - she cannot fly the direct now since it does not exist. So you need to decide what the best option is for her.

You could also do things like ask for an extended layover in YVR if she wanted to spend the night or see the city.
they are offering her a routing via London but refuse to allow her a stop over so she can check into a hotel for a night to break the journey . If she could spend the night in London it wouldn’t be an issue
Old Jul 27, 2019, 3:09 am

Programs: BA Gold
Why would you get a substantial payout in the UK?
Old Jul 27, 2019, 8:56 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
UA

UA operates a daily non-stop EWR-DEL, with frequent cnx. from YYZ.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 9:25 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
UA operates a daily non-stop EWR-DEL, with frequent cnx. from YYZ.

Except........

"CHICAGO, July 18, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines announced it is resuming its daily nonstop service between New York/Newark and Delhi and Mumbai on Sept. 6, 2019 (eastbound), and Sept. 7, 2019 (westbound)........"

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300887529.html
Old Jul 27, 2019, 10:12 am

they are offering her a routing via London but refuse to allow her a stop over so she can check into a hotel for a night to break the journey . If she could spend the night in London it wouldn’t be an issue

I would try asking again, but this time say you would like a long connection rather than a stopover. Connections can be up to 24 hours long on international itineraries, which would give her plenty of time to go to a hotel and rest.

No compensation is due, either here or in the UK, when airlines provide advance notice of changes. You can cancel the trip and ask for a full refund if you prefer not to accept the options that AC is offering you.
Dolphin2 likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 11:07 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by 24left
Except........

"CHICAGO, July 18, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines announced it is resuming its daily nonstop service between New York/Newark and Delhi and Mumbai on Sept. 6, 2019 (eastbound), and Sept. 7, 2019 (westbound)........"

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300887529.html
OP mentioned the ticket is for 12 Sept... so the UA flight may be an option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.