FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Question: SFO-YUL: Longest AC's Transborder flight? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1979970-sfo-yul-longest-acs-transborder-flight.html)

Vasbyte Jul 24, 2019 3:43 pm

SFO-YUL: Longest AC's Transborder flight?

Just on this beast now … Is this the longest AC Transborder flight? Longer perhaps than the longest AC domestic flight?

Thoughts?

D582 Jul 24, 2019 3:57 pm

YYZ-HNL would be longer.

canadiancow Jul 24, 2019 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by D582 (Post 31338762)
YYZ-HNL would be longer.

Definitely true. Assuming we want to stick with the continent though, YUL-SFO is longer (in duration) than SFO-YUL.

Vasbyte Jul 24, 2019 4:31 pm

Indeed - right on both accounts.

BlueZebra Jul 24, 2019 5:35 pm

And as I have this flight (SFO-YUL) booked in the future in Business, what is the chance they will Rouge a flight of this length? I am most concerned because the flight is currently booked on a 737 Max 8...hopefully they will be back before our flight next May.

canadiancow Jul 24, 2019 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by BlueZebra (Post 31339045)
And as I have this flight (SFO-YUL) booked in the future in Business, what is the chance they will Rouge a flight of this length? I am most concerned because the flight is currently booked on a 737 Max 8...hopefully they will be back before our flight next May.

Not impossible, but the 3 dailies are all 320s right now. Under regular operations, duration has no bearing on whether something is rouge or mainline. It's about the route. And SFO-YUL is PLH, meaning it will not go rouge.

However, these are not regular operations, so who knows.

Regardless, you're about 8-9 months early to even begin worrying.

Stranger Jul 24, 2019 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 31339079)
Not impossible, but the 3 dailies are all 320s right now. Under regular operations, duration has no bearing on whether something is rouge or mainline. It's about the route. And SFO-YUL is PLH, meaning it will not go rouge.

There was a time when they ran 762s. And J was only marginally more than Y if no Sat. night stay. :-)

BlueZebra Jul 24, 2019 7:52 pm

However, these are not regular operations, so who knows.

Regardless, you're about 8-9 months early to even begin worrying.

I monitor things all the time, therefore I worry. And "Rouging" is not an attractive thing for AC.

Please explain what "PLH" means. I rarely fly AC.

ryanpower8 Jul 24, 2019 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by BlueZebra (Post 31339344)
I monitor things all the time, therefore I worry. And "Rouging" is not an attractive thing for AC.

Please explain what "PLH" means. I rarely fly AC.

PLH - Premium Long Haul. Usually NA routes that have aircraft with lie flat seats in business on a regular basis, however anyone correct me if I got that definition wrong

canadiancow Jul 24, 2019 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by ryanpower8 (Post 31339355)

PLH - Premium Long Haul. Usually NA routes that have aircraft with lie flat seats in business on a regular basis, however anyone correct me if I got that definition wrong

That has nothing to do with the PLH definition.

Wide bodies are assigned to routes that need the capacity.

PLH routes are high yield for the airline, and receive enhanced catering.

When you put a wide body on a PLH route, there's an added surcharge, and it's sold as Signature Class.

ryanpower8 Jul 24, 2019 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 31339362)
That has nothing to do with the PLH definition.

Wide bodies are assigned to routes that need the capacity.

PLH routes are high yield for the airline, and receive enhanced catering.

When you put a wide body on a PLH route, there's an added surcharge, and it's sold as Signature Class.

Ahh thank you for the correction.

Smiley90 Jul 24, 2019 8:06 pm

out of curiosity i looked up the longest transborder flight from YVR and YVR-BOS is juuuuuuust a tiny bit shorter than SFO-YUL. 25mi.

Aspan Jul 24, 2019 8:41 pm

YVR-MCO pops up now and again, seasonal, 763, 2629 mi. vs. 2259mi.

Jumper Jack Jul 24, 2019 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by Aspan (Post 31339491)
YVR-MCO pops up now and again, seasonal, 763, 2629 mi. vs. 2259mi.

I remember that flight in rouge Y
​​​​​
:/

YXUFlyboy Jul 24, 2019 11:23 pm

And SFO-YUL is PLH, meaning it will not go rouge

PLH like YYC-YYZ, YVR-YUL and YYZ-YVR that all had Rouge aircraft on them this summer?