Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eUpgrade on AirMiles redeption?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:35 am
Original Poster

eUpgrade on AirMiles redeption?

Pretty certain I know the answer to be "no", but based on searches from my phone I couldn't find a recent answer - is it possible to use upgrades on an AirMiles redemption?

Alternatively do LMU get offered on those tickets?
Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:46 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
....Alternatively do LMU get offered on those tickets?
I could be wrong but if you have a ticket with AC (even if the source is AirMiles), I would think you have opportunities for a Bid Upgrade (around T-10) and a LMU at OLCI. AC wouldn't want to miss a chance to get a few more $$$. Perhaps others can confirm.
nomadic.relief likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
I would imagine it depends on what fare bucket it gets ticketed in. Once you get a PNR go to the eUpgrade site and enter it there and you should be able to see.
24left likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
If it books into X class you can upgrade using E-Upgrades + $125 for North American flights at check-in.
24left likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 1:44 pm

YYC-YVR from Air Miles was either $50 or $75 + eupgrades.
nomadic.relief likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 11:51 am
Original Poster

As a data point for others searching in the future, despite not being eligible for earning miles, AirMiles redemptions do appear to be in a proper fare bucket (not X, like AE rewards).

My flight to YZF is showing upgrade eligibility with 7 eUp + $125. Since we are more than 1 day out and less than the 10 day window, I can deduce it is a Standard (S,T,L) fare (ticket only says Standard).
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 11:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
As a data point for others searching in the future, despite not being eligible for earning miles, AirMiles redemptions do appear to be in a proper fare bucket (not X, like AE rewards).

My flight to YZF is showing upgrade eligibility with 7 eUp + $125. Since we are more than 1 day out and less than the 10 day window, I can deduce it is a Standard (S,T,L) fare (ticket only says Standard).
If you have the ticket number, saudia.com would show you the entire fare basis which would make fare class and brand more obvious.

If Air Miles is just booking you the cheapest ticket, it's safe to assume it's always going to be Standard (or Basic) for domestic travel.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

AirMiles have dynamic pricing, not sure if it is limited to a specific chunk of fare buckets though, there definitely isn't full access to seats. Not sure if it would ever creep up to Flex level. Then again, I'd be unlikely to fork over that level of miles regardless.

I forgot about Saudia, but that wouldn't have helped because I'd need the ticket first, and at the time I was trying to use the upgrade part as a deciding factor in getting the ticket that way in the first place.
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.