Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

YVR-LAX Signature Class disappeared, only classic business now

YVR-LAX Signature Class disappeared, only classic business now

Old Jul 8, 19, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation YVR-LAX Signature Class disappeared, only classic business now

Air Canada promoted its Signature Class (lie-flat business cabin, 787, 777, 767, A330) on a number of routes, including the frequent YVR-LAX route. But recently this seems to have disappeared on this route. The current timetable (valid until October 2019) says all flights on this route are served using A319/320/321, with the classic business cabin. What happened?

What's ironic is that the YVR-SFO, YYZ, EWR, YUL routes are still served by the Dreamliner, yet the important YVR-LAX service is gone. Rob Lowe should complain again

Has anyone flown this route on a Dreamliner recently?
Old Jul 8, 19, 4:51 pm
m.y

Programs: AC *E HHonors Gold
YVR-LAX has never had the signature service. Signature service is limited to premium trans-con routes, and seasonal YYZ-HNL. AC might have widebody from YVR-LAX/SFO but there is no signature service (i.e enhanced wine/food, mattress pad etc)

"Air Canada is the only North American airline offering lie-flat seats on the following non-stop routes: daily and overnight flights between Los Angeles, San Francisco, Vancouver and Toronto; and daily flights between Montreal, New York-Newark and Vancouver."
tcook052, canadiancow and 5mm like this.
Old Jul 8, 19, 6:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by m.y View Post
YVR-LAX has never had the signature service. Signature service is limited to premium trans-con routes, and seasonal YYZ-HNL. AC might have widebody from YVR-LAX/SFO but there is no signature service (i.e enhanced wine/food, mattress pad etc)

"Air Canada is the only North American airline offering lie-flat seats on the following non-stop routes: daily and overnight flights between Los Angeles, San Francisco, Vancouver and Toronto; and daily flights between Montreal, New York-Newark and Vancouver."
The placement of the punctuation is the key: the daily flights are between Toronto and the three mentioned cities; we can't extract additional pairings from that list. I think I saw a 788 on the YVR-LAX route the other day, but I wasn't paying rapt attention, and if it did fly the route, it's merely an anomaly to account for the ongoing schedule disruptions from the lack of 737 Max aircraft. In effect, there's no YVR-LAX widebody service on AC or anybody else.

Edited to add that AC has been operating YVR-SFO on 566/571 with the 788 since beginning of July; it'll continue 'til end of August. If/when the Max returns, I'm sure the Dreamliners will be allocated away from west-coast shuttling.

Last edited by CZAMFlyer; Jul 9, 19 at 1:55 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: