Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Late night transborder flight - International MLL access permitted?

Old Jul 7, 19, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, AC 50K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium

I'm flying YVR-IAH on UA. It is a late night departure at 23:30. The US Preclearnce access shuts down at 20:30, and the transborder MLL is closed. In this case, pax clear US customs in Houston. Departures for this flight go through the YVR International security clearance.

My question: Are there any lounge options for this transborder flight departing from International gates? Would I have access to the AC International MLL or any other lounge? I'm E50 and United 1K
Old Jul 7, 19, 1:10 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Interesting scenario, I know the AC International MLL stays open late for SYD.
I'm sure there are those here that can give you a definitive answer.
Old Jul 7, 19, 2:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
*A *Gold departing on a *A international flight should normally have access to any *A partner operated lounges before the flight, assuming that the passenger can get to the door of the lounge. Here it would be the AC international departures lounge. However, the question is whether *A/UA/AC consider transborder flights to be international for the purpose of this rule.
Old Jul 7, 19, 2:16 pm
5mm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
*A *Gold departing on a *A international flight should normally have access to any *A partner operated lounges before the flight, assuming that the passenger can get to the door of the lounge. Here it would be the AC international departures lounge. However, the question is whether *A/UA/AC consider transborder flights to be international for the purpose of this rule.
This flight will fall into a international flight catagory. Pax will be able to use AC international lounge.
Old Jul 7, 19, 2:19 pm
5mm
Suspended

Originally Posted by YVR guy View Post
I'm flying YVR-IAH on UA. It is a late night departure at 23:30. The US Preclearnce access shuts down at 20:30, and the transborder MLL is closed. In this case, pax clear US customs in Houston. Departures for this flight go through the YVR International security clearance.

My question: Are there any lounge options for this transborder flight departing from International gates? Would I have access to the AC International MLL or any other lounge? I'm E50 and United 1K
Yes, you will be able to use AC international lounge which is a upgrade from the transborder lounge.
Old Jul 7, 19, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 5mm View Post
Yes, you will be able to use AC international lounge which is a upgrade from the transborder lounge.
That wasn't the answer I was expecting, but very happy to hear that.

Thanks for the infomation.
Old Jul 7, 19, 3:11 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Originally Posted by YVR guy View Post
That wasn't the answer I was expecting, but very happy to hear that.

Thanks for the infomation.
Yep the International Lounge very much better than the YVR trans-border lounge, you'll be pleased I'm sure.
Old Jul 8, 19, 7:30 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Most things are better than the YVR transborder lounge. YVR international lounge is quite nice as MLLs go. Enjoy!
Old Jul 8, 19, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Access was allowed

I can confirm that access to transborder pax was indeed allowed in the International MLL, as advised by 5mm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: