FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Late night transborder flight - International MLL access permitted? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1977139-late-night-transborder-flight-international-mll-access-permitted.html)

YVR guy Jul 7, 19 12:45 pm

Late night transborder flight - International MLL access permitted?

I'm flying YVR-IAH on UA. It is a late night departure at 23:30. The US Preclearnce access shuts down at 20:30, and the transborder MLL is closed. In this case, pax clear US customs in Houston. Departures for this flight go through the YVR International security clearance.

My question: Are there any lounge options for this transborder flight departing from International gates? Would I have access to the AC International MLL or any other lounge? I'm E50 and United 1K

james dean Jul 7, 19 1:10 pm

Interesting scenario, I know the AC International MLL stays open late for SYD.
I'm sure there are those here that can give you a definitive answer.

MSPeconomist Jul 7, 19 2:02 pm

*A *Gold departing on a *A international flight should normally have access to any *A partner operated lounges before the flight, assuming that the passenger can get to the door of the lounge. Here it would be the AC international departures lounge. However, the question is whether *A/UA/AC consider transborder flights to be international for the purpose of this rule.

5mm Jul 7, 19 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 31278918)
*A *Gold departing on a *A international flight should normally have access to any *A partner operated lounges before the flight, assuming that the passenger can get to the door of the lounge. Here it would be the AC international departures lounge. However, the question is whether *A/UA/AC consider transborder flights to be international for the purpose of this rule.

This flight will fall into a international flight catagory. Pax will be able to use AC international lounge.

5mm Jul 7, 19 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by YVR guy (Post 31278681)
I'm flying YVR-IAH on UA. It is a late night departure at 23:30. The US Preclearnce access shuts down at 20:30, and the transborder MLL is closed. In this case, pax clear US customs in Houston. Departures for this flight go through the YVR International security clearance.

My question: Are there any lounge options for this transborder flight departing from International gates? Would I have access to the AC International MLL or any other lounge? I'm E50 and United 1K

Yes, you will be able to use AC international lounge which is a upgrade from the transborder lounge.

YVR guy Jul 7, 19 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by 5mm (Post 31278976)
Yes, you will be able to use AC international lounge which is a upgrade from the transborder lounge.

That wasn't the answer I was expecting, but very happy to hear that.

Thanks for the infomation.

james dean Jul 7, 19 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by YVR guy (Post 31279001)
That wasn't the answer I was expecting, but very happy to hear that.

Thanks for the infomation.

Yep the International Lounge very much better than the YVR trans-border lounge, you'll be pleased I'm sure.

Bartolo Jul 8, 19 7:30 am

Most things are better than the YVR transborder lounge. YVR international lounge is quite nice as MLLs go. Enjoy!

YVR guy Jul 8, 19 12:46 pm

Access was allowed

I can confirm that access to transborder pax was indeed allowed in the International MLL, as advised by 5mm