Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: AC-UA Short Check and Skip Last Leg

Question: AC-UA Short Check and Skip Last Leg

Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
AC-UA Short Check and Skip Last Leg

Has anyone flown something like this and reclaimed their bags successfully at the intermediate point, skipping the UA last leg? Flying from YUL where there is pre-clearance.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 8:50 pm

AC and UA are extremely aggressive against skipping legs.

Also AC baggage tagging is done by a self serve kiosk and will automatically tag the bag to the final destination. If you're not flying business class and/or don't have status the AC ground staff will not allow you to speak to a check in agent if the kiosk worked the way it intended.

If you do have status and/or flying business I'm sure they still won't short check the bags unless there's a legitimate reason provided. Skipping a leg would not be a legitimate reason to them.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 10:21 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Absolutely no short checking on UA. There’s a danger too if you’ve carry on and you’re in the last boarding group they will force you check baggage thru at the gate.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 1:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by flyingstudent
Absolutely no short checking on UA. There’s a danger too if you’ve carry on and you’re in the last boarding group they will force you check baggage thru at the gate.
I am aware of this. I am asking specifically about AC-UA connections, not a UA-only itinerary.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.