Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Strange Seat Sensation

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2019, 8:33 pm

Lower back and pocket is pretty thin in general. I always carry my own coffee tumbler to drink more coffee without the plastic taste and to refill it with water. Every time I shove that tumbler you can see it pinching the lower back ahead. My work around is either open the pocket to minimize the impact, manspread my legs or just put it on the tray table altogether.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 2:10 pm

This is why I tend to pick row 30 or 29 on the right side when I’m ticketed in the back of the bus. Plus no springboard launching when someone gets up from behind.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: AC E75 / Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by bambinomartino

The second was a young lady, and the sensation was that of someone gently massaging me, but was only temporary.
This certainly is close to the lost sex toys thread at least read by itself...not sure this fits within the terms of service for the forum

In all seriousness, the reality is that the trend towards slimmer seats and more ppl jammed in, the more instances of discomfort that will arise.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 5:14 pm

Programs: AC SE100K/*G, Nexus
Originally Posted by bambinomartino
... the sensation was that of someone gently massaging me, but was only temporary.
Reminds me of an experience I had recently on a YYC-YVR flight. I was seated in the last row of the J cabin, in seat 4A on an A320. Shortly after takeoff, as we leveled out, I felt a distinct and unexpected "massaging" of my bottom. Before I could react, something then kicked me in the back of the leg. I looked down and saw something that looked like white rubber protruding from under my seat. Curious, I reached down, grabbed on to it, and pulled it up. It very quickly jerked out of my grasp, slithered back under my seat, and was not seen again for the remainder of the flight.

It turns out I had grabbed hold of the toe of the sneaker of the person sitting in 12A behind me. I guess he had stretched out for a nap and ended up stretching all the way into the J cabin. No words were exchanged - I think the shock of having his leg literally pulled out from under him was enough for him to then keep it to himself for the duration of the flight. I would've given him a smile during deplaning, but I never saw his face - the circumstances of deplaning meant I was off the plane well before he was.

I wonder if he has trouble falling asleep on planes now...
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.