Question: E-Ups for hubby & Me

Old Jul 3, 19, 10:00 am
formerly airedalemom
Original Poster

Programs: AC 25K, AF, Marriott etc......
E-Ups for hubby & Me

Hi

Question about E-Up.

Both my husband and I have E-ups, Individually we have enough E-ups for each of us to upgrade. But we cannot transfer from one account to the other (P/25 status)

I booked flights for the fall, both tickets are under the same booking.
Will I be able to apply the E-ups in 1 transaction or do we each have to login separately to upgrade?
Old Jul 3, 19, 10:03 am

Programs: AC-SE100K AC-MM BA-S HH-D IHG-Amb
I think you've answered your own question. Since neither of you has sufficient eUps to cover both of you, it will require two transactions.
--
13F
Old Jul 3, 19, 10:17 am

Programs: AC E35K, Marriott Gold,
I think they need to be separate bookings though don't they? Otherwise when one of you logs in the only option will be to upgrade both passengers from the same account? Might need to split this into 2 PNRs in advance
Old Jul 3, 19, 11:24 am
formerly airedalemom
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TOR27 View Post
I think they need to be separate bookings though don't they? Otherwise when one of you logs in the only option will be to upgrade both passengers from the same account? Might need to split this into 2 PNRs in advance
I hope not, I guess I will find out. the pop up window just says that if I don't upgrade both I have to tell the other passenger. ... hhmmm or not hahaha
I can only apply for the E-up 4 days out
Old Jul 3, 19, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Queen B View Post
I hope not, I guess I will find out. the pop up window just says that if I don't upgrade both I have to tell the other passenger. ... hhmmm or not hahaha
I can only apply for the E-up 4 days out
You will need to split the PNR. When on one can only use one account to do eUPs. Cannot use two for eg one going and another coming back, nor different passengers. Have been told at least three times (but luckily had enough in either to do).
Old Jul 3, 19, 2:08 pm
formerly airedalemom
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lallied View Post
You will need to split the PNR. When on one can only use one account to do eUPs. Cannot use two for eg one going and another coming back, nor different passengers. Have been told at least three times (but luckily had enough in either to do).
thanks everyone on the phone now to split the PNR !
Old Jul 4, 19, 12:20 pm

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Queen B View Post
thanks everyone on the phone now to split the PNR !
Congrats on being able to use the P25 Eupgrades!
Old Jul 4, 19, 12:29 pm

Programs: AC Altitude E75K (*G), NEXUS
Alas, QueenB did not say the eUps were successful - just that she ws splitting the PNR in hopes to do it. When I was P25K, by the time my window opened, the ratfink Elites had already taken the upgrades. Thus, I determined the need to be a ratfink Elite...
lallied and canadiancow like this.
Old Jul 4, 19, 1:21 pm
formerly airedalemom
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyquiet View Post
Alas, QueenB did not say the eUps were successful - just that she ws splitting the PNR in hopes to do it. When I was P25K, by the time my window opened, the ratfink Elites had already taken the upgrades. Thus, I determined the need to be a ratfink Elite...
The flight isn't until October- I'm being proactive- I did talk to a reservation agent who told me to call back a few days before the flight to process the split.

We were able to use e-ups in June - we had separate bookings as we bought our tickets at different times.
The E-ups worked just fine- automatic upgrades.
Old Jul 4, 19, 9:06 pm

I realize Iím late in posting this, but this hadnít been my experience. I have successfully upgraded flights utilizing 2 different accounts for the outbound and the return. IIRC the key was that I couldnít have 2 upgrades active on 1 PNR at the same time.

IIRC if you upgrade your outbound flight and check Manage My Bookings your outbound flight will show as upgraded. If your return flight is within the upgrade window you will not be able to upgrade the return with someone elseís account. However, at some point several days after the outbound had been flown (i.e. 3 days?), the outbound segment will drop off of Manage My Bookings and my experience was that once this happens I was able to upgrade the return using someone elseís points. It has been a few years since I did this, so it is possible that things have changed.
Old Jul 5, 19, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by YEG USER View Post

I realize Iím late in posting this, but this hadnít been my experience. I have successfully upgraded flights utilizing 2 different accounts for the outbound and the return. IIRC the key was that I couldnít have 2 upgrades active on 1 PNR at the same time.

IIRC if you upgrade your outbound flight and check Manage My Bookings your outbound flight will show as upgraded. If your return flight is within the upgrade window you will not be able to upgrade the return with someone elseís account. However, at some point several days after the outbound had been flown (i.e. 3 days?), the outbound segment will drop off of Manage My Bookings and my experience was that once this happens I was able to upgrade the return using someone elseís points. It has been a few years since I did this, so it is possible that things have changed.
Thatís correct. In theory you can use two accounts for different directions providing that you ask for the second return UG when the outward bound is completed. Sorry, I was referring to latitude fares where want to snag both early while available. When I have tried that with flex with two accounts, invariably by the time I try for return UG there are none, and while they will actually take UG off from one account and swap for another once outward completed, you have to have the same fare category available to get you back to economy and then back to UG. And oversold so not able to do. However for 2 accounts for one direction am pretty sure am correct. Which was the question asked here.
Old Jul 5, 19, 10:20 am
formerly airedalemom
Original Poster

However for 2 accounts for one direction am pretty sure am correct. Which was the question asked here.
Yes that's what I was asking- I only need the one way E-Up'ed. I managed to snag 2 J class tickets with my aeroplan points for the return.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: