Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Announces Increased Capacity and Enhanced Services to Atlantic Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Announces Increased Capacity and Enhanced Services to Atlantic Canada

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2019, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
While I have never flown Rouge, I'm sure I would prefer a Rouge A319 over a Q400 or CRJ.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: AC 35k
Originally Posted by YZF_Elite
The west is not really any better, I've been through YYC a couple of times in the past month and was lamenting how jet service has been widely replaced by the Q400. No many jungle jets or CRJ routes. The ~2h30min Q400 flight to YZF that replaced the ~1h45min CRJ trip is a terrible downgrade for most of the year...perhaps an improvement for the few weeks a year when it's too cold for the CRJ or it can't handle the number of bags.
I'd actually prefer a Q to the CRJ. I'd prefer a CR9 to the Q400 though.
Seat13F_AC_CRJ and sokolov like this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: AC E75 / Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by YXUFlyboy
I'd actually prefer a Q to the CRJ. I'd prefer a CR9 to the Q400 though.
For YHZ-YDF (keeping it to topic at hand of east) or YEG-YYC sure, but not for YHZ-YYT or worse YYC-YZF lengths.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Santander
While I have never flown Rouge, I'm sure I would prefer a Rouge A319 over a Q400 or CRJ.
Are you in for a surprise, unless you are planning to fly in J.

I'll take almost anything over Y in a Rouge A319, unless I happen to have one of the 8 preferred seats.
sokolov, wrp96, gcashin and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
I much prefer the smaller planes which don’t have any middle seats. Those 3 x 3 seat rouge planes are dreadful.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 5:11 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by YOWCDNFF
Now, the next announcements I am waiting for is Rouging out of YQB and YOW for winter routes.
Just yesterday I booked Rouge YOW-FLL for Dec 2019 and again for Jan 2020 and I thought ‘but Rouge doesn’t service YOW’.... then of course figured that is changing....
Old Jul 3, 2019, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by StuMcIlwain

I'll take almost anything over Y in a Rouge A319, unless I happen to have one of the 8 preferred seats.
Thankfully it seems many are not ready to pony up the $$ to pre-select those seats. Otherwise wear knee-pads.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 5:30 am

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Plumber

Just yesterday I booked Rouge YOW-FLL for Dec 2019 and again for Jan 2020 and I thought ‘but Rouge doesn’t service YOW’.... then of course figured that is changing....
Although no official announcements have been made for the winter 2019/2020 season, I now see that YOW- FLL/MCO/TPA/CUN/PUJ is moving to Rouge next winter.. but then so is YHZ-MCO/TPA which was not part of the above announcement
Plumber likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
"While I have never flown Rouge" is the key phrase there. Try them once and you will quickly change your mind.

Originally Posted by StuMcIlwain
I won't even do the bulkhead. If I can't get a seat up front, or either 19A/F, then I just book another flight. I won't beat myself up that badly so Calin can make a bigger bonus.

Originally Posted by Plumber
Get used to it. I've become convinced rouge will one day replace mainline completely.

Originally Posted by YOWCDNFF
Although no official announcements have been made for the winter 2019/2020 season, I now see that YOW- FLL/MCO/TPA/CUN/PUJ is moving to Rouge next winter.. but then so is YHZ-MCO/TPA which was not part of the above announcement
See previous comment.

Originally Posted by respectable_man
Thankfully it seems many are not ready to pony up the $$ to pre-select those seats. Otherwise wear knee-pads.
The problem with knee-pads is they take up even more space that simply doesn't exist. Amputation above the knee seems to work better.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by respectable_man

It depends on the route. If there is a decent number of regular fliers, the seats are gone well in advance.

I won't book the flight if I can't get a guaranteed preferred seat. There are always other options, although they might not be as convenient. I do the same thing for the mainline B789. I've been finding it harder and harder to get a preferred seat, so I guess that means they will soon increase the fee for these seats?
Old Jul 6, 2019, 3:11 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Year-round YYC-YHZ is terrific news on both ends - it strengthens YYC as a hub, and it provides YHZ a very useful red-eye.
Good God. I didn't realize what the timing was now. I took the YYC-YHZ direct a couple of summers ago and thought it was fine, but it was a daytime turn - leave YYC at 8AM, get to YHZ at 4PM or so, then departed back to YYC at 5PM or whatever. Good timing both ways if going from YYC to visit the Maritimes. I can see how the current timing might be more convenient if one is based in YHZ (although 6:40AM YHZ-YYC won't allow any same-day connections from elsewhere in the region), but for me, blech.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 9:44 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Air Canada continues to challenge some of us to travel without getting onto a Rouge Flight!

It's a game for me, how to get from point A to point B without stepping foot onto Rouge. It's getting tougher, but challenge accepted!
sokolov likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
Air Canada continues to challenge some of us to travel without getting onto a Rouge Flight!

It's a game for me, how to get from point A to point B without stepping foot onto Rouge. It's getting tougher, but challenge accepted!
​​​​​​Sometimes, the solution starts with West and ends on Jet. From MCO to YQQ with a single connection! Can't be worse than Rouge.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
My first ever flight was a DC9. Flew YSJ-YUL in the winter of 1975 to see the Habs play the Penguins at the Forum. I was 14.

Nice to see AC jet service returning to YSJ, even if it is ACr.
--
13F
Here’s an interesting coincidence for you. I took my first flight ever in April 1975 from YSJ to YUL (also in a DC9) with a bunch of guys from university (attending UNBSJ at the time). We went to Montreal to see the Expos play the Pirates. While there we managed to snag nose-bleed tickets to see game 5 of the Habs-Canucks quarter finals. The Habs won in OT (Lafleur scored the winner) and sent the Canucks home for the year. The total cost of my return flight was $50!

Oh, and the Expos swept the 2-game series from the Bucs, which was quite the feat since the Bucs finished first in the division that year and the Expos were dead last.
Seat13F_AC_CRJ likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: AC E50K *G - Amtrak SelectPlus
This has (would be? see edit below) actually been a loss in capacity and frequency for the YYZ-YFC route. It really limits connection opportunities (super long layovers for international evening flights) and makes a daytime round-trip to Toronto for a meeting nearly impossible.
YYZ-YFC used to be 4x Q400 = 312 seats
Now it's 2x A319 = 272 Seats

Edit: I'm now looking flight statuses and it seems AC has gone back to 4x Q400 on this route, when I looked a few months ago it was 2x A319 after June. Did they delay the implementation or go back to the old schedule!?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.