Boeing falsified records on 1 AC B787 -

Old Jul 4, 19, 5:42 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Originally Posted by skybluesea View Post
I do agree with your tag quote, that's all.

safe travels.
safe travels to you as well...
Old Jul 4, 19, 8:15 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Elite/Ambassador. NEXUS, National
this is where the due diligence requirements demand AC make all reasonable efforts to ensure the application is valid. Does this mean taking the aircraft apart to figure out whether any latent defects exist - probably NOT, but simply taking the word of the manufacturer NOT likely sufficient either. This is NOT black & white, and TC will have discretion as does the Minister on what obligations rests with AC here.
​​​​​​Eventually a question of fact for a jury. Maybe.

But AC did not take the word of only Boeing. They also took the word of FAA. And since TC and the FAA have, if not formal agreements, a century of mutual trust, AC also took the word of TC.
​​
The market is not pure. AC did not have anywhere near infinite options let alone even sufficient knowledge of the two options they had. There is a regulatory backdrop to weigh their level of responsibility.

In this reality, AC had the knowledge that the aircraft passed the required regulatory steps. They did (or did not) maintain the aircraft to the required by the oem standard.

Boeing may in this case have fraudulently subverted a framework of trust. You would have to demonstrate that AC contributed to that - had knowledge of their desire for aircraft faster than is possible - to put the fraud on AC.
Old Jul 5, 19, 7:44 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Another question comes up, as AC has received many 787s, did anything obvious stand-out in the acceptance process for this particular aircraft? e.g. did the documentation appear altered, etc.
This is top of my mind at the moment. Given the previous reports of questions surrounding 787 production, should Boeing (and by extension AC) get the publicís benefit of the doubt that the fleet is up to spec? I am by no means a nervous flyer but Iíll admit that I donít feel great about my upcoming flight on a Dreamliner.
skybluesea likes this.
Old Jul 5, 19, 4:36 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Originally Posted by colombianbrew View Post

This is top of my mind at the moment. Given the previous reports of questions surrounding 787 production, should Boeing (and by extension AC) get the publicís benefit of the doubt that the fleet is up to spec? I am by no means a nervous flyer but Iíll admit that I donít feel great about my upcoming flight on a Dreamliner.
If the Pilots and FA's are not worried, I would not be worried...
Sit back relax & enjoy your flight.
Old Jul 5, 19, 7:34 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Elite/Ambassador. NEXUS, National
Originally Posted by james dean View Post
If the Pilots and FA's are not worried, I would not be worried...
Sit back relax & enjoy your flight.
Pilots will either be heroes, die first, or both. Either way, a suitable and satisfactory end for the alpha types who become pilots.

And, with due respect to flight waitresses, their ability to operate fire extinguishers and slides doesn't give them the theoretical knowledge about engineering analysis such that their opinions matter all that much to me.
skybluesea likes this.
Old Jul 6, 19, 12:37 am

Programs: Altitude E75K, dDiamond, WS Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, National Emerald, SPG
Anyone know what AC fin number this was?
Old Jul 8, 19, 1:07 am
Suspended

Programs: Too Many
Originally Posted by colombianbrew View Post

Little doubt exists that Boeing has far greater problems than just one aircraft delivered to AC, as the US Congress certainly has confidential reports not yet seen by the public to warrant an investigation.

while I do like the 787 over any other commercial aircraft, save the A350, this aircraft has already had numerous issues that indicate the airworthiness certification process is lacking, which is now abundantly evidence for all to see.

but of course AC and transport Canada remain silent, I suppose hoping FIX will happen before a tragedy, which then of course just generates a bunch of apologies but no real accountability.

I do hope for the fix before the latter.

Search this Thread