Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Woman left on Air Canada aircraft after arrival

Woman left on Air Canada aircraft after arrival

Old Jun 26, 2019, 7:48 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Just saw that CTV news is advertising something about this tonight. Unless it’s a second case. Might PVR it.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 11:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
In a related development:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/scarie...lane-1.4484381

Just days after news broke of a woman being left alone on board an Air Canada flight, another woman has come forward with a similar experience.

Pamela Prescod, a 69-year-old woman from Guelph, Ont. who is visually impaired and has several other health issues, landed at Toronto’s Pearson International Airport on April 6 following a three-month vacation in Barbados.

She needed help filling out the customs forms and required a wheelchair to leave the Air Canada Rouge aircraft, so she says the crew on-board told her to wait in her seat and they would come back to help.

The staff never returned.

“(I was) scared because I have all these health issues,” she told CTV News Kitchener. “I didn’t even have a cell phone to call for help.”

“The scariest time of my life was there.”

Prescod said she sat there for an about an hour until a maintenance worker noticed her. She said the mechanic told her had he not been there, she might have been stuck in the plane for several hours until a cleaning crew arrived.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 5:27 am

Programs: AC SE; SPG Platnium; HH G
Thanks for sharing.

how long till some spin it that it is her own fault

arf04 and ffsim like this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'm fairly certain I've seen the CA/FO disembark while passengers are still present. I know I've seen them arrive after boarding has begun. So I don't think it's technically their responsibility.

The flight attendants, on the other hand...
I most certainly have seen flight deck crew disembark while passengers are present. A few months ago a captain pushed by me to exit saying, “I’m In a hurry”. I was seated upfront. I frequently see the crew from my flight end up at Canada Customs shortly after I get there.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:54 am

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
I've done this before but on a bus instead over 10 years ago. Woke up when the bus was parked at the depot, fun times.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 5:18 pm

Programs: MARRIOTT TITANIUM / HILTON GOLD / UA SILVER / AMEX PLAT
Originally Posted by canopus27
You probably need to be in a state that medical professionals refer to as "tired".
Don't disturb my friend, he's dead tired.

Pity, if John Matrix had flown Air Canada he would have had a few extra hours to save poor Jenny.
canopus27 likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 10:03 am

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
Was she laying down across all 3 seats or was she strapped in with her seatbelt? I don’t see how she could have been both but then I’m not quite as “bendable”;as I once was.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 4:32 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
In Toronto with my son on a Blue Jays long weekend trip. Staying at the Hilton with an airport view. I keep looking out my window at the parked Air Canada planes looking for signs of flashlights from the parked aircraft or people waving from open doors!

so far all weekend nothing so we are good!

Monday morning, sure a lot of idle aircrafts?
Old Jul 1, 2019, 5:08 am

Programs: AC SE; SPG Platnium; HH G
Because of a holiday Monday? Tonight and tomorrow will be busy? (Although with July 4 too this could be a dead business travel week)
Old Aug 7, 2019, 5:48 am

Programs: UA 1K
UPDATE: One of my best friends works with the airline. Apparently, it took Air Canada forever, but they got around to reviewing security footage of this particular woman's flight...

Guess what. She got off the plane... waited... then snuck BACK ON to the plane. Apparently Air Canada is mulling their legal options for going after her HARD.

(It does raise two questions: A) How come it took Air Canada so damn long to review the footage... and B) How lax is GTAA security to allow that to happen?)
transportprof, WesternCDN and 5mm like this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 6:04 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Boogie711
UPDATE: One of my best friends works with the airline. Apparently, it took Air Canada forever, but they got around to reviewing security footage of this particular woman's flight...

Guess what. She got off the plane... waited... then snuck BACK ON to the plane. Apparently Air Canada is mulling their legal options for going after her HARD.

(It does raise two questions: A) How come it took Air Canada so damn long to review the footage... and B) How lax is GTAA security to allow that to happen?)
Waited where? In the jetway? Wouldn't someone have noticed her ie groomers, crew, ramp staff
vernonc and wrp96 like this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat

Woah. This gets even more weird
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: air miles

Just over a month to get the authorization, locate the backed up video, cut it/package it, send to Air Canada, review, etc, etc, etc. Might not be that long.
5mm likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 10:19 am

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tcook052
Waited where? In the jetway? Wouldn't someone have noticed her ie groomers, crew, ramp staff
I have been in many gate areas where the opportunity arises to get on a flight. I wouldn't, but small (YWG size) airports often have doors open and too few agents.

I never would, but the opportunity is there.

We don't know when grooming was scheduled for that aircraft (insert joke), ramp staff are on the ramp, and the crew could easily have left the plane before she got on.

​​​​​
A) Do you know how long? I have a fairly strong suspicion they were aware over a month ago.

B) See my above reply. In YYZ, there are plenty of places on many of the jet bridges to hide too.
nancypants likes this.

Last edited by canadiancow; Aug 7, 2019 at 10:28 am Reason: Fix quote
Old Aug 7, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
If its the case that someone purposefully did this, and especially so for either SM klout or cash, then they should be treated as severely as possible.
nancypants likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.