Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Woman left on Air Canada aircraft after arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Woman left on Air Canada aircraft after arrival

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2019, 12:49 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
If th aircraft was parked way away from the gates, it obviously wasn't immediately needed. From that, the groomers weren't immediately needed.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 2:15 pm

How stupid, drunk or drugged up to you have to be to sleep through a landing and the subsequent deboarding?
Old Jun 23, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Resurrection
How stupid, drunk or drugged up to you have to be to sleep through a landing and the subsequent deboarding?
You probably need to be in a state that medical professionals refer to as "tired".
Old Jun 23, 2019, 3:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
During EYW last year, we left one of the group on the plane, sleeping. He was in row 1, and we knew the FA would wake him up, but we told her to wait as long as possible.

He required the wakeup call. We were all just very tired.
arf04, wrp96 and canopus27 like this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 4:22 pm

Just saw the gal on the news....the way she is talking you’d think she had survived a 30-car pileup on the 401 or a week alone naked and afraid in grizzly country. Good thing it didn’t happen in early February��
Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:15 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
I have fallen asleep sometimes even at landing and if it was smooth you may not notice it. It also depends if it was a full flight or half empty and if so passenger may have not woken up if she is alone in a quiet area where there is no passenger and especially if she was in a window seat.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:32 pm

Programs: *G
This story now has legs...
Air Canada investigates how crew left passenger on parked plane
Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by VoodooYYC
Call me a pessimist, but I think the whole “nightmare” scenario and the alleged trauma “suffered” by the victim are more efforts to extract additional compensation from AC than actual harm. I’m having trouble buying that someone who could fall asleep across 3 seats so soundly that they didn’t notice a landing, announcements and everyone deplaning is being kept awake at night because of this. It sounds like their reaction was very calm and rational as they went through the plane looking for a solution to the problem.
In her own Facebook post she says "as someone with and anxiety disorder..." While like many here, my first instinct is to , I have never walked a mile in the shoes of somebody who has an anxiety disorder, so I would not be inclined to jump to conclusions about their feelings or actions.
arf04, notquiteaff, wrp96 and 4 others like this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:52 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by The Lev
In her own Facebook post she says "as someone with and anxiety disorder..." While like many here, my first instinct is to , I have never walked a mile in the shoes of somebody who has an anxiety disorder, so I would not be inclined to jump to conclusions about their feelings or actions.
Anxiety is the latest thing for all the over-sensitive crowd or who like to take offence and play the victim card. It might be an app that you can download.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:58 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Would be pretty cool to have been forgotten on the plane.

Try every seat and write a good seat comparison for seat guru.
Check out the galley, see how it all works, what the hidden compartments are.
And of course seat in the Capt's seat and "fly" the plane.
Have an awesome story to tell your friends.
Make light of if with AC and ask for SE 100K as compensation.

So many ways the person could have turned this into a great thing
trooper, canolakid, DaveS and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 9:24 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Back-to-back ULH flights will do the trick for me, and probably most other people.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 9:58 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Those that are blaming the victim should keep in mind that even if you died on the flight, there should be some expectation that you will be found.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 11:09 pm

I don't see how namecalling the person has any relevance. I've slept through takeoffs, landings and the turbulance in-between. You see people sleeping past their stops on the TTC all the time. One of my previous managers had narcolepsy... would fall asleep in the middle of an active conversation.

Did AC mess up, quite likely. Did she do anything wrong? We don't know... how about we let Air Canada investigate and see what turns up?
Old Jun 24, 2019, 12:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by StuckInYYZ
I don't see how namecalling the person has any relevance. I've slept through takeoffs, landings and the turbulance in-between. You see people sleeping past their stops on the TTC all the time. One of my previous managers had narcolepsy... would fall asleep in the middle of an active conversation.

Did AC mess up, quite likely. Did she do anything wrong? We don't know... how about we let Air Canada investigate and see what turns up?
I can only think of one plausible scenario where she could have done anything wrong. However, the crew still royally screwed up in that case.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by Pmun
Those that are blaming the victim
One thing I've learned in my years of flying is that nothing is ever the airline's fault.
Symmetre likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.